Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold greeting - what do you ask for?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Gold greeting - what do you ask for?

Gold greeting seems to be somewhat sporadic by many accounts.

When it happens though, I’m never sure what, if anything, to ask for when they ask.

What do folks here say or ask for? In the main thread on this it seems to focus on whether it happens or not.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
If there is something you would like, and which the crew member is likely to provide, then ask for it. Why does it matter what others ask for/get?
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I usually say “Hello, and thank you” ...

And then as a Mod to correct the Thread title

Thanks, Mod!
Adam1222 and nancypants like this.

Last edited by T8191; Feb 8, 2020 at 1:35 pm
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
If the crew have the chance to say hello to me then thats great. If not then I assume they are busy and have more important things to worry about than me.

If I get to stage in life where I am grumpy that my flight crew arent saying hello to me because of my status, I probably need to self-declare myself as a DYKWIA candidate.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jimlad48
If the crew have the chance to say hello to me then thats great. If not then I assume they are busy and have more important things to worry about than me.

If I get to stage in life where I am grumpy that my flight crew arent saying hello to me because of my status, I probably need to self-declare myself as a DYKWIA candidate.
Yes but that's not what the OP was asking...
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by CCayley
If there is something you would like, and which the crew member is likely to provide, then ask for it. Why does it matter what others ask for/get?
I think the OP is, like many of us, at a loss to think of anything off top of their head that a the crew member is empowered and happy to provide in these circumstances. It’s a fair question IMHO.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:49 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
If in Y/WTP, I ask for a glass of champagne if I’m not driving afterwards. Otherwise, I just say ‘don’t worry, I’m fine thanks’.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I just request a cup of tea, when they get a moment.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
We fly in economy a few weeks ago. Was asked, so we both asked for champagne. Flew club a few months back and asked if there were any spare pillows going as I had a bad neck at the time.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:31 pm

I ask for a visit to the flight deck.
nancypants and likethis like this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
A "copy" of the FT

response too short to be acceptable for FF?
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:36 pm

Is it, er, appropriate say when flying in Y or WTP, to request a glass of LPGS or one of the “leftover” F meals? I’ve always wondered about this myself...

For me I’ve on occasion requested for a bottle of water.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
We usually ask for a bottle of water which the CC bring with a smile on their faces and to which they say, you sure you don't want Champagne
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Is it, er, appropriate say when flying in Y or WTP, to request a glass of LPGS or one of the “leftover” F meals? I’ve always wondered about this myself...

For me I’ve on occasion requested for a bottle of water.
On that particular occasion I mentioned just above, the crew member said she'll look for the good stuff up in F. That was without any prompt from us at all.

I certainly wouldn't request a certain type of champagne though and just be happy with what ever was brought.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
On an overnight flight I ask for the cabin temperature to be lowered (ideally to ~22 C), otherwise I just thank them for asking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.