Wiki Posts
Search

Ba16 - syd - sin - lhr

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Ba16 - syd - sin - lhr

I would appreciate if anyone could tell me when check-in opens for the above flight at Kingsford Smith International. I am assuming that it will be no more than 3 hours ahead of the flight which is scheduled to leave at 16.30.

Many thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:52 am

3 hours or maybe 3.5 sounds about right, but I think the app or ba.com should tell you under Manage my Booking.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:05 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
around 3.5hrs

fwiw i checked in at 110pm for a 430pm the other day
Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by fruitcage
3 hours or maybe 3.5 sounds about right, but I think the app or ba.com should tell you under Manage my Booking.
Yes, specifically Check-in / Other ways to check in line under the flight details.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
And of course, it depends on the reason you want to check in. If it's to drop your bags off and get airside, 3/3.5h would be the relevant figure. If it's a question of wanting to get the best possible seat or to download a boarding pass, it'll be 24h before the first flight on the leg - and of course, 7 days before travel if you're a Bronze member.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Just want to get rid of bags a.s.a.p. Out of hotel at 10.00 and plenty of time to push in. Car has to be returned for 12.00.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:35 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by charlesrhona
Thanks. Just want to get rid of bags a.s.a.p. Out of hotel at 10.00 and plenty of time to push in. Car has to be returned for 12.00.
This is a route I do quite regularly, officially the checkin opens 3 hours before but on the occasions I’ve turned up early the desks had opened a little earlier. You will find the check-in desks at Zone E. If you arrive early, there is a delightful Thai restaurant a very short walk from the checkin desk’s where you can enjoy a great lunch.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:23 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Also priority pass gives you a free meal landslide offer you like.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sxc
Also priority pass gives you a free meal landslide offer you like.
Not with the Amex issued card. There is an airside PP lounge but even that comes with a $20 additional “upgrade fee”. The Thai restaurant is actually reasonably priced and offers authentic Thai food - if that is your bag ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.