Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

105 TPs needed to retain gold before March...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

105 TPs needed to retain gold before March...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by muggle
would love to hear any suggestions.
Most of the suggestions made so far, and many more, can be found in the main Tier Point Runs thread, where there are countless posts of the type "I need x TPs by xx/xx/xx" and lots of subsequent ideas and discussions. You really should take a look at that thread, as many of the forum members posting there are very experienced and might understandably be a little reluctant to repeat information that is already available.

With regard to the 2-week extension, it's almost certainly a formality - there are no reports of anyone being refused one. However, there is no point in asking in advance. Give BA a call after you've taken the flights and the back office will make a manual adjustment to your record (though it might take several days or - according to some recent reports - weeks).
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Misco60
. You really should take a look at that thread, as many of the forum members posting there are very experienced and might understandably be a little reluctant to repeat information that is already available.
You are right, but I will also point out one "repeat info" that a cost effective approach may spend 2 separate evenings at LGW doing GLA, EDI or perhaps JER B2Bs. There is also more information in the Dashboard in the Find me a cheap BA fare thread too. I can see the OP is starting from first principles but there is a heck of a lot of information out there already on this one.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You are right, but I will also point out one "repeat info" that a cost effective approach may spend 2 separate evenings at LGW doing GLA, EDI or perhaps JER B2Bs. There is also more information in the Dashboard in the Find me a cheap BA fare thread too. I can see the OP is starting from first principles but there is a heck of a lot of information out there already on this one.
Was just about to suggest this too. LGW-GLA/EDI. Some decent fares to be had if you pick the day and time right.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks everyone for their help on this.

Have narrowed down decision to an either IST return (more expensive and colder) or AGP via MAD...

Just wanted to check that I will get the 20 TP on Air Nostrum operated Iberia flight sectors? It's not a listed airline in the BA.com tier point calculator.

Also, is there any difference in booking on IB.com given this will be within my '2 week extension' period rather than BA.com - BA not brining up all the connecting options that appear on IB site/app.

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
You do get Avios on Air Nostrum as per the wiki:

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Not sure about TP though. I'd be inclined to do a straight BA booking especially given its in your 2 week extension. The points and avios from IB tend to be hit and miss with posting immediately especially if its an IB ticket on BA metal
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJA_

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Not sure about TP though. I'd be inclined to do a straight BA booking especially given its in your 2 week extension. The points and avios from IB tend to be hit and miss with posting immediately especially if its an IB ticket on BA metal
It's the TPs that matter in this instance...mmm...

Does anyone else know the answer to this one?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP

Thanks everyone for their help on this.

Have narrowed down decision to an either IST return (more expensive and colder) or AGP via MAD...

Just wanted to check that I will get the 20 TP on Air Nostrum operated Iberia flight sectors? It's not a listed airline in the BA.com tier point calculator.

Also, is there any difference in booking on IB.com given this will be within my '2 week extension' period rather than BA.com - BA not brining up all the connecting options that appear on IB site/app.

Thanks!

Personally, I've had both Avios and TPs credited for Air Nostrum flights on IB code, on domestic (20 TP) or SH international, like ALG (40 TP)

As per implications on the 14 days extension, it's the day of flying that counts, not when it's credited
muggle likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes you do in domestic business. Regard it as Iberia for all intents and purposes.
muggle likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Great thank you!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club, , Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Can confirm LGW-MAD-AGP on IB in CE is 60TP. I booked it via IB, so the Nostrum flight had an IB flight number.

muggle and AJA_ like this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much all! I’ve got the flights held for 72 hours until my credit card statement date to push the cost into next month!

I did a job in Marbella a few years ago so know that area quite well but haven’t really spent any time in Malaga - is it worth hopping down the cost or is their enough beach R&R in Malaga itself? Would prefer to not have to get a hire car/expensive cabs down to Marbella.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
I haven't checked out the flight prices, but Valencia is a nice weekend destination and will get you 60 each way via Madrid.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:39 am

haven’t really spent any time in Malaga - is it worth hopping down the cost or is their enough beach R&R in Malaga itself? .
Malaga is a very nice town. No need to go further afield. It has the castle ruins up on top of the hill reached by a very steep climb up the pedestrian path or take a taxi to the top and walk down, a Roman amphitheatre, a cathedral and a bullring. The main streets in the centre are pedestrianised and flat, there are great restaurants in the centre and also around the port where the cruise ships dock and there is a boardwalk along the beach. Not sure how long you will be in Malaga but there's plenty to do for a week long stay.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Malaga is a very nice town. No need to go further afield. It has the castle ruins up on top of the hill reached by a very steep climb up the pedestrian path or take a taxi to the top and walk down, a Roman amphitheatre, a cathedral and a bullring. The main streets in the centre are pedestrianised and flat, there are great restaurants in the centre and also around the port where the cruise ships dock and there is a boardwalk along the beach. Not sure how long you will be in Malaga but there's plenty to do for a week long stay.
Thanks AJA...are there nice beach hotels do you know? That sounds like a perfect place for 3 nights.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:57 am

Thanks AJA...are there nice beach hotels do you know? That sounds like a perfect place for 3 nights.
There are plenty of hotels. Depends on your budget but at the expensive end of the range is the 5 star Gran Hotel Miramar which is over £200 a night in front of the beach, no idea what it's like as I haven't stayed there and the hotel I was in is not on the beach front. Just search on Expedia or Hotels.com
muggle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.