Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sunday 9 Feb Weather - Disruption [BA flight assistance and information only please]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Storm Ciara, the third and most significant UK storm of the winter, is due to land on the night of Saturday 8 February and have an impact on transport provisions on Sunday 9 February. The whole of the UK and Ireland is in scope but the south of the UK may well bear the brunt. Posts 56 gives general advice, post 66 has the customer guideline for shorthaul services, which allows European travel to be be moved to 4 alternative dates. For cancelled services go to post 302 for LHR and post 292 for LGW., post 261 for LCY
Print Wikipost

Sunday 9 Feb Weather - Disruption [BA flight assistance and information only please]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Quick question - can you use the ticket desk at both T3 and T5 or would you need to visit the desk at the correct terminal?
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
I've just remembered I'm technically on a holiday as I booked a car. If there is disruption am I therefore better off calling the ba hols duty office rather than ggl?
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by snuffi
I've just remembered I'm technically on a holiday as I booked a car. If there is disruption am I therefore better off calling the ba hols duty office rather than ggl?
I’d probably expect GGL to be quicker. If they can’t help they should be able to connect you.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: Executive club Gold
Morning, we're currently in Budapest, due to land early afternoon tomorrow into Heathrow. We have no pressing need to return as sadly I have my work with me and can run the business wherever I am so we are trying to decide whether to reschedule at this stage or wait and see. Personally I'd prefer not to risk getting stuck at the airport. Is there generally a timeline where they make the decision to cancel, I have read through the thread and I've not picked up on it but may have missed it. An extra few days in Budapest wouldn't be a hardship to be honest, though my liver may not agree!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Honie
Personally I'd prefer not to risk getting stuck at the airport. Is there generally a timeline where they make the decision to cancel, I have read through the thread and I've not picked up on it but may have missed it.
It's posts 56 and 66 above. You can move your flight now if you wish. If you want to know when your flight may be cancelled it should be this afternoon and doubtless this thread will be updated.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by snuffi
BA Holidays Duty Office is best since they can also deal with car issues if relevant.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Quick question - can you use the ticket desk at both T3 and T5 or would you need to visit the desk at the correct terminal?
T3 would be better, so I'd amble over there on the free train service, ask for an inter-terminal blue ticket at the gate. They can do it at T5 (or indeed LGW) but the agents in T3 will be a bit closer to the all important bush telegraph.
GentleGiant likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
T3 would be better, so I'd amble over there on the free train service, ask for an inter-terminal blue ticket at the gate. They can do it at T5 (or indeed LGW) but the agents in T3 will be a bit closer to the all important bush telegraph.
Thanks! T3 it is. Is it easy to find? Not T3, the ticket counter haha
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Thanks! T3 it is. Is it easy to find? Not T3, the ticket counter haha
Yes, BA's area by Zone D is fairly compact, the ticket desk is on the right side, but there is a First area on the left. If arriving by tube/HEX then the BA section is almost right in front of you when you emerge on ground level (it's slightly to the right to be pedantic). As they say, you can't miss it.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by pacenotes
Bit of advice please, I'm doing a B2B tier point run on Sunday, typical its the last flights I need.

I don't have the time to do the flights later next week, Am I out of luck about getting the tier points?
I agree, go with the flow and take your toothbrush. But as B2Bs are what they are, what you could do if you are cancelled is go to the airport and ask for a re-route on another B2B that is operating. If the airport concerned is within 300 miles (loosely speaking) then that's within policy. So swap your GLA for EDI or whatever. Depending on multiple specifics, it may be best not to call up on this one.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by 11yaa
I’m stunned that BA is only moving to protect short haul passengers from potential disruptions tomorrow. What about those flying in and out Long haul? I’m flying in on and out on A350 and B789 and with current advisories I’m entirely SOL if the weather exceeds either aircraft minimums.

From the weather maps - the storm system looks huge and covers most of NW Europe. What’s a typical diversion station for Long haul BA flights coming in from the subcontinent - CDG? FRA? I’m wondering if I have to plan to spend the night in a diversion station.
CWL seems the airport of choice at the moment. But without specifics it's impossible to say, they won't go to DUB or AMS though! You are not out of luck on longhaul, if you fly on a European carrier you have multiple levels of consumer protection.The reason why the guidelines are currently shorthaul only (it may change) is that BA generally do their utmost to keep the longhaul network running, at the understandable expense of the shorthaul network. There is a clear prioritisation there.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:56 am

Update 2 on the Customer Guidelines has just come out (no time on it). The only extra thing on it is to add LCY services as being in scope for it as well as LHR and LGW (I bet the contact centres were doing that anyway!).

Has anyone tried a dummy online change in MMB to see if they have enabled self service? I'm not flying tomorrow.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Update 2 on the Customer Guidelines has just come out (no time on it). The only extra thing on it is to add LCY services as being in scope for it as well as LHR and LGW (I bet the contact centres were doing that anyway!).

Has anyone tried a dummy online change in MMB to see if they have enabled self service? I'm not flying tomorrow.
Are you ill?
T8191, wrp96, alex67500 and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Are you ill?
Yes sort-of, I have a cold (of such minor dimensions that I can't even stretch it to man flu) so yes my self made rule is not to fly.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Not only it wasn't working about an hour ago for online changes, the agent who picked up my call from the GGL team wasn't aware of these guidelines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.