Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sunday 9 Feb Weather - Disruption [BA flight assistance and information only please]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Storm Ciara, the third and most significant UK storm of the winter, is due to land on the night of Saturday 8 February and have an impact on transport provisions on Sunday 9 February. The whole of the UK and Ireland is in scope but the south of the UK may well bear the brunt. Posts 56 gives general advice, post 66 has the customer guideline for shorthaul services, which allows European travel to be be moved to 4 alternative dates. For cancelled services go to post 302 for LHR and post 292 for LGW., post 261 for LCY
Print Wikipost

Sunday 9 Feb Weather - Disruption [BA flight assistance and information only please]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by plunet
Gosh. How was the Eurostar from Amsterdam? Holding some Eurostar tickets for tomorrow as a backup for probable cancellations on LHR AMS tomorrow.
It was the journey from hell.

5hr flight from Atyrau to AMS, landed at 08:15. Knew my BA flight was cancelled. Went through to the train ticket desk & got my tickets. Train to Brussels left at 09:40, got to Brussels around 12:30. Had lunch. Checked in for Eurostar...... security & passport is an utter shambles. Left on time at about 3, arrived on schedule, train not full. Across to Waterloo, ask which train to get to get to the station I wanted. They told me a particular train, which when I get on I find is going to dump me about 30 miles away.. So get off at Havant expecting to just get a taxi & find there are about 100 others also waiting for a taxi. I eventually got home around 8:45, so 12 hours after I left Schiphol
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Back at the airport. T5 this time. Not flying until mid afternoon, so having breakfast in the Concorde Room.

The G&T can wait until after Breakfast. 😂 😂

Got my laptop back this morning.

Third attempt today......
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Got my laptop back this morning.
Third attempt today......
Thank goodness for that, I thought the laptop was the icing on the cake as far as yesterday was concerned (and perhaps G+T related with my teetotal hat on!). And CCR thrown in too. Hopefully no more travel hassles but if there are, you're now on to the Monday thread here:
Monday 10 Feb Weather - Disruption - BA flight assistance and information
GentleGiant likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:51 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
To avoid thread split and to ensure information/assistance is current, we'll close the thread at this stage and ask that further issues are raised in the latest version:
Monday 10 Feb Weather - Disruption - BA flight assistance and information

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.