Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sunday 9 Feb Weather - Disruption [BA flight assistance and information only please]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Storm Ciara, the third and most significant UK storm of the winter, is due to land on the night of Saturday 8 February and have an impact on transport provisions on Sunday 9 February. The whole of the UK and Ireland is in scope but the south of the UK may well bear the brunt. Posts 56 gives general advice, post 66 has the customer guideline for shorthaul services, which allows European travel to be be moved to 4 alternative dates. For cancelled services go to post 302 for LHR and post 292 for LGW., post 261 for LCY
Print Wikipost

Sunday 9 Feb Weather - Disruption [BA flight assistance and information only please]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Almost everything out of EDI cancelled tomorrow. I’m currently rebooked on Monday, more than 24 hours after original flight. Somewhat frustrated that the auto rebooking seemed to not find me any of the few spaces on the few flights which are still running tomorrow.
When I called earlier today to rebook my flight, the person I spoke with told me that they'd been instructed to not rebook onto flights "still showing as operating" on Sunday as there was still a risk of them being cancelled.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by markle
When I called earlier today to rebook my flight, the person I spoke with told me that they'd been instructed to not rebook onto flights "still showing as operating" on Sunday as there was still a risk of them being cancelled.
On that basis, it could be an hour before the flight!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by markle
Oh OK thanks that would make sense - we are now looking at hiring a car instead as the trains are affected as well - so a long drive tomorrow!
crazyanglaisy likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I was on a late afternoon flights up to GLA earlier, and we were getting blown all over the shop on the way down. If it is going to be worse tomorrow, then the cancellations are warranted
wrp96 and ttama like this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
i assume I can Forget about asking them to put me on TK later that night? (That would probably be busy even if BA allowed it)
BA can rebook onto TK if the latter is willing to accept pax, but only at the airport, not by phone.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
AY is on a revenue share with BA on this sector so moving to AY shouldn't be a problem. Have you tried MMB to move flights? If that doesn't work then call up. You should get ORC if downgraded on a BA issued ticket, but maybe not if it is an IB or AY ticket.
On a point of order - and I can’t really believe I can say that to CWS of all people - there’s no revenue share for point-to-point, only if part of an AJB or SJB itinerary. Admittedly a moot point though: as BA and AY maintain a good relationship (helped by being one of the few routes where BA allows point-to-point codeshare), they typically immediately open each other up to full disruption rebooking wherever required.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Original flight from MAN to LHR for Sunday cancelled so rebooked onto another flight which was also later cancelled. Now on the MAN-LCY flight which will mean a long trek across town. Surprised that the flights not being cancelled as it’s on a E190.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I was so pleased to get home at lunchtime. It was our third flight and a potential weekend at Heathrow would not have been that appealing!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Original flight from MAN to LHR for Sunday cancelled so rebooked onto another flight which was also later cancelled. Now on the MAN-LCY flight which will mean a long trek across town. Surprised that the flights not being cancelled as it’s on a E190.
Yet...
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Had both an apology for cancellation and an apology in case the flight is cancelled.

BA hedging their bets tonight..
wrp96 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
The inbound aircraft for my 07:05 to LGW tomorrow made it to GLA tonight, albeit a bit late. Winds were gusting up to 49 knots earlier (wind shear and a few go arounds were observed) but have dropped considerably for the moment.

I’ll have to see what tomorrow brings but will go to the airport as planned.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
London City will be a write off tomorrow. Cityflyer just won’t have posted any cancellations yet. They’ll be waiting for the airfield forecast for LCY to be issued firstly.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hi - hoping someone will be kind enough to help. I've been told by BA that the 192 from DFW is operating on Sunday 9th. But I can see that the 193 is cancelled on the 9th - I assumed this was the positioning flight? Have I got this wrong or are BA hedging their bets? My mother is on the flight as she is a poor flyer (nervous) so disruption is going to impact her. Would appreciate any insight

Many thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Looking at BA.com it seems that tonight’s (Sat) departure from DFW has been cancelled (it was due to arrive in the middle of the predicted problems at LHR on Sunday).
It will be that aircraft which is available from DFW for Sunday.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Pomkiwi - thank you SO much - I very much appreciate your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.