Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

UuA on individual segments of multi city ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire

I’ve recently taken advantage of an excellent offer ex DUS to MEL in W for £1200.

Can I upgrade individual segments using Avios, obviously subject to availability?

How would the additional taxes be calculated? The routing is DUS-LHR-HKG-MEL-HKG-LHR-DUS, so would LHR-HKG be calculated on its own or as part of DUS-LHR-HKG? There should be a significant difference between the two.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Yes. You can do on any legs that are BA metal, assuming you've booked through BA as well. You'll find it easier by calling up. As for the taxes, I'm not sure. I'm sure someone more experienced will be along soon to explain
​​​​​
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by wb1969
I’ve recently taken advantage of an excellent offer ex DUS to MEL in W for £1200.

Can I upgrade individual segments using Avios, obviously subject to availability?

How would the additional taxes be calculated? The routing is DUS-LHR-HKG-MEL-HKG-LHR-DUS, so would LHR-HKG be calculated on its own or as part of DUS-LHR-HKG? There should be a significant difference between the two.
I did this recently for the long haul segments of my trip. I called and the agent had a means to calculate the taxes. Each individual flight can be done. Not sure if the taxes are based on the original point of departure but am sure someone can clarify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.