Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

checked bag allowance on BA Cityflyer/Loganair

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I have BA Silver status and looking at booking IOM-AMS-IOM. This offers me a routing via LCY and LHR with flights on BA, BA CityFlyer and "Loganair for BA CityFlyer" . It would seem that I'm only allowed one bag at 23Kg. Is this correct? I really need to check 2 bags, one of which is oversize!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
These are normal BA flights just with someone else providing the aircraft, so you get full normal BAEC benefits, including bag allowance for status.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I suspect a bug. If you're booked on BA codes throughout, I can't immediately see any reason why the checked baggage allowance on these flights would be any different from BA mainline. You should get a second bag in economy by virtue of being Silver.

How big is the "oversize" bag? Hopefully you don't mean that it's bigger than BA's real limit of 190 x 75 x 65 cm (75 x 29˝ x 25˝ in).
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I thought the same, so checked with the Silver line. The man in Bombay said "Loganair for BA CityFLyer" is a code share so Loganair baggage rules apply. I'll phone the BA check-in guys at IOM and see what they think about it.
No it's within the BA real limit.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by onchanman
he man in Bombay said "Loganair for BA CityFLyer" is a code share so Loganair baggage rules apply.
He is wrong, it is not a codeshare, it is a BA flight with a BA prime flight number. Your benefits apply.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is just BA hiring Loganair to operate the service, you can't get a Loganair ticket on this (except, ironically, if they code-shared on their own aircraft). BACF is short on equipment and crews, so have contracted with Loganair so that they operate the aircraft on BA's behalf. It's similar to when Air Belgium ran some services to DXB and elsewhere in order to get around the 787 shortage.

So BA service, in full, but handled by Loganair crew and metal.

I imagine the agent in New Delhi has never been to the IOM (if he even knows where it is on a map), for some things you are best off asking here, since at least some of us have first hand experience of it.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:44 am
Suspended

Who is the ‘operating air carrier’ for EC261:2004 reasons ?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by richardwft
Who is the ‘operating air carrier’ for EC261:2004 reasons ?
BACF in this case. since in the EC261 it is defined as the airline that has the contract with the passenger. (Article 2).
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.