Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First Class Lounge and Concorde Lounge, Heathrow T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I am flying First Class (as a gift) from London to LAX in June - it's my first ever First Class flight. I read about the lounges at Heathrow T5 - is the food and drink free in the First Class Lounge and the Concorde one?

Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Food and drink is free in all BA operated lounges.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by SuperFuzz
Hello,

I am flying First Class (as a gift) from London to LAX in June - it's my first ever First Class flight. I read about the lounges at Heathrow T5 - is the food and drink free in the First Class Lounge and the Concorde one?

Thanks.
Yes, in all the BA operated lounges at T5 (there are 5 you could potentially access, 6 including the arrivals lounge on the way back). Don't bother with the F lounge, it's a mediocre offering purely for frequent flyers. The Concorde Room is the real F lounge that most can't access.

Showers and the spa are also free. I can't actually think of anything in there you do have to pay for.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:14 am

You can pre book a spa treatment 28 days out through you first on the BA website
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk SuperFuzz, and welcome to the BA forum. I hope you will have a great time going to Los Angeles, and what a wonderful gift to get. Stay tuned to this website to find out how to make it a habit!

Yes the food and drink in the Concorde Room (CCR) is free, nothing extra to pay. Just don't overdo it too much, or you'll not enjoy the flight so much (and will suffer from excess jetlag too). Luckily the portion sizes in CCR are the right size for this purpose.
T8191 and HighwayToHEL like this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Really? But don't they have a bar and serve things like champagne? And I read they will allow you to order food. And you don't pay anything?
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:51 am

Really? But don't they have a bar and serve things like champagne? And I read they will allow you to order food. And you don't pay anything?
Yes to all. It is all free (well, covered by the thousands you pay for an F ticket). The Concorde Room bar is excellent, serving things like JW Blue whisky that retails for around $200-250 a bottle. The food with BA is a little hit and miss but still far above what you'd usually expect to find in an airport.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:55 am

You also get all that in the Concorde room. The quality of the champagne and food though is better in the Concorde room and far more 'exclusive' as 'standard' Gold card Frequent fliers get access to the first lounge even when flying economy.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Here's a link to menu at ccr

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2020
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:08 am
Original Poster

That's amazing! Is there a dress code?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
None at all. You will find all sorts! Dress for comfort for the flight - that’s the important aspect.

Smart casual is my criterion.
jmj9905 and HighwayToHEL like this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
No, dress in whatever you feel comfortable in to travel.

Actually despite the criticisms above, if you have time, I'd suggest that you try both the Concorde Room and the F Lounge, they are just opposite each other.

The Concorde Room is certainly the more exclusive, food and drink are better, and I think the significant majority would prefer it. But a few people prefer the more casual approach of the F lounge, because although it will be much busier, it is largely self service, so you just help yourself (the CCR is wait service)

You are entitled to use both, why not try both, I suspect you'll prefer the Concorde Room but if you have 20 mins spare, try the F lounge and form your own opinions... And report back of course
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
But a few people prefer the more casual approach of the F lounge, because although it will be much busier, it is largely self service, so you just help yourself (the CCR is wait service)
I’m chewing that stick, as we have our first ex-LHR First in July.

The trade-off between being served (and thus waiting) and looking after myself (using my functional legs) is interesting. However, as the CCR will be a rarity for us, I guess we’ll use it.
crazyarmadillo and alex67500 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
There was a thread about making the most of your first First somewhere. Some of the info was a bit old (no mention of first wing if I remember well) but it's a good place to start.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
See post 21.

It's 10 years old but will give you an idea.

READ THIS FIRST - The Ultimate Guide to all things British Airways

Have a great flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.