FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Should have gone gold mid trip but tier points not posting (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2007035-should-have-gone-gold-mid-trip-but-tier-points-not-posting.html)

Card Jan 31, 2020 4:50 pm

Should have gone gold mid trip but tier points not posting

I flew from EDI>HEL>NRT on last Friday - 24 Jan on a JAL ticket operated by Finnair. This trip should have put me over the edge to Gold and was hoping tor use the First class lounges in HEL and LHR on the return flight tomorrow. 2 Feb. As of today, the points still have not posted to my account. Is there anything I can do to push this - other than completing the missing tier point form which I know takes weeks? Has anyone ever been able to access the lounge explaining the situation/showing previous boarding passes? I should be at 1610 right now even before flying back.

Also, if the points do show up, I know it takes a couple of days to update to gold status. We BA still allow me to use the gold check in and lounge as I have to change terminals in LHR.

IntVic Jan 31, 2020 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Card (Post 32018267)
I ...BA still allow me to use the gold check in and lounge as I have to change terminals in LHR.

Unless your status is reflected in BA's system, I doubt it but for your sake I hope I am wrong.
When I first reached gold mid trip (2019 flying to Australia) it was interesting to compare the experiences of the outbound and return flights.

dislikeofturningright Jan 31, 2020 11:13 pm

My experience with flights operated by Finnair has often been 7 day posting of TP after the flight (although in one case it did not post for me and I had to fill in the online form which I don’t think can be done until 14 days).

After posting you probably have to wait another 24-48 hours for your new tier to activate.

Until at least the TP show in the app, there is little chance to use the new benefits (even then you have to ask nicely to use lounge etc), and in most cases you will need to wait to the new tier level to fully flow through.

Sorry, probably not the best news for your current trip! But I am sure you will enjoy next time :)

Colnic2011 Jan 31, 2020 11:29 pm

I fly usually once or twice a month with Finnair on the same route HEL > EDI as others have stated its usually 7 days or longer but on average its about the 7 day mark.

I have had a few that don't show and you need to fill in the form but in my experience I've had them as quick as 2 days later after filling in the form.

Suppose it just depends on demand at that time.

usually the app updates at midnight GMT.

Also saying that I was refused Access to the Lounge at GLA when I reached Silver my app was showing more than enough Tier points but still showed Bronze I showed and explained to the Lounge Agent that I had just reached Silver and the TP's had been added but on the system I was still Bronze, But the Lounge at LGW was more understanding and let me in with the evidence I provided on the APP.

Good Luck no harm in asking but either way the newly opened Business Class Lounge at HEL is lovely anyway.

UKtravelbear Feb 1, 2020 2:07 am

The experience appears to be is that they will allow it at LHR and LGW where it is staffed by BA staff but not at outstations which are contract staff who are more likely to go by the book and will want to see some actual proof whether via the app, it showing on your BP or on their screen.

you really arent <insert level of status> until it’s fully reflected in the app - colour change etc.

the guide to moving between the tiers in the dash board is a good source of information on the process and timings of status changes.

armouredant Feb 1, 2020 3:51 am

You could message the user BAMissingAvios on here, but given that your flight is tomorrow I'm skeptical the points would be posted in time now.

DYKWIA Feb 1, 2020 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Colnic2011 (Post 32019157)
Also saying that I was refused Access to the Lounge at GLA when I reached Silver my app was showing more than enough Tier points but still showed Bronze I showed and explained to the Lounge Agent that I had just reached Silver and the TP's had been added but on the system I was still Bronze, But the Lounge at LGW was more understanding and let me in with the evidence I provided on the APP.

In the days before I found FlyerTalk (around 2003), I was doing a weekly commute from MAN-LHR. Despite going well over 600 points (or whatever it was then), my account didn't turn Silver. At both MAN and LHR, I was always let into the lounge when I explained.

However... it turned out that to qualify, you needed to have 4 flights of a certain fare basis - similar now to the 4 BA flights. I didn't know this, and it was only when I phoned BA to complain that they pointed this out :D Whoops!

Anyway, while I was on the phone, I upgraded my next flight to the correct fare code and my status changed a couple of days after that! I think it cost about £20 for the upgrade.

armouredant Feb 4, 2020 2:28 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 32019683)
However... it turned out that to qualify, you needed to have 4 flights of a certain fare basis - similar now to the 4 BA flights.

Did you only do award flights on BA or something? I've never heard of this.

Globaliser Feb 4, 2020 3:14 am

Originally Posted by armouredant (Post 32030388)

I wonder whether that was when only Y and B booking classes (or something like that) earned in BAEC if you were flying economy.

DYKWIA Feb 4, 2020 4:18 am

Originally Posted by armouredant (Post 32030388)

Actually - thinking back, I may have got this wrong (just checking my flight history).

I did a OW RTW in J, on which 3 of the flights were BA. The others were QF. This actually took me over the 600 points.

In those days, a cheap MAN-LHR didn't qualify for TPs, and thus also didn't qualify as one of the 4 BA flights.

But, I still felt a right idiot when this was pointed out....