Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Last night of sale ; should I risk waiting for the next one

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last night of sale ; should I risk waiting for the next one

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Looking at LHR IAD rtn in oct for £1600 in CW
Do you predict this fare will return in the next sale?
BA seem to have moved to month long sales about 6 months apart
Or should I nab it tonight ....,
Would the FTer with the crystal ball please step forward? Your help is required in this thread.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Blue
This is a useful resource for historic sale prices: The Ultimate BA Sale Fare Archive | Continental Club Blog
caveat: the past doesn't always predict the future!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
I was happy grabbing the £1600 to IAD in J in October (albeit that also includes legs to and from ABZ).
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:37 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by redpalmetto
I was happy grabbing the £1600 to IAD in J in October (albeit that also includes legs to and from ABZ).
Same here Love. I could not care less what the fare might have been and never was during the sale - I have today just been and checked the exact same itinerary that I booked yesterday. The same flight and - yes - the same booking class have gone up by £1,100. So I for one am an extremely happy Bunny for that. Added to which Dry January end today. It was only difficult when I flew to Leeds last week and actually drank St Clements to wash down my rather pleasant chicken breast dinner (I nearly split my infinitive!). Comparing with what went before is pointless IMO - one must look to the future

Toodle-oo

Mystic Meg
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just checked our city break in early summer, booked earlier this week.

An identical itinerary is now an extra £500, so my splurge on a nice hotel no longer seems quite as reckless as it did a few days ago.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:38 am

Got INV-KIX via LHR in W for December for £700 checked today and it's £1080. The UUA to J for another £137 plus avios was too good to turn down too, so all in £837.

Same flights in J today are £4k+........
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I snoozed and lost. I thought it ended today.

Oh well. Ces't la vie
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Would the FTer with the crystal ball please step forward? Your help is required in this thread.
I’ll have the winning EuroMillions numbers too please. Oh wait can we still do that after tonight....

Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:40 am

Well I'm happy. Booked a quick trip to PHL in May. Out WT and back WTP at €609. Same flights today are €1,787.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
I panic bought a TP run, thinking the price would increase today. It didn't, it's still identically priced.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I’ll have the winning EuroMillions numbers too please. Oh wait can we still do that after tonight....

Yes because not everyting with 'Europe' or 'Euro' in its name is related to the EU. We'll still be in Eurovision and not win the Euro 2020 football thing and we will still be sat in Euro Traveller and Club Europe seats on BA.

Plus we will be in transition until the end of the year.

But more importantly Euromilions lottery is run by private companies not government agencies
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I booked an open jaw in the sale in WTP from LHR to KIX returning from HND in April/May for £819. Today that same itinerary is pricing at £1091 so I'm happy too.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: BA GGL
The Y day-trips I was looking at have not changed price, still around £85 in basic.

The popular HEL in J seems to have moved from £236 when I booked to £287 today. In terms of £/TP that isn't massively different.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Well I'm happy. Booked a quick trip to PHL in May. Out WT and back WTP at €609. Same flights today are €1,787.
But, of course, they might be 509€ this time next week...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.