Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can BAEC Gold & Silver access Oneworld lounges when flying Cathay Dragon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

BA says yes when:

Silver and Gold Executive Club Members on scheduled flights operated by British Airways or one of our oneworld® partners

As Dragon is not a Oneworld partner I assume the answer is no?

And I assume if the ticket is with Malaysian but operated by CDragon - still no lounge access?

Thanks,
FCL
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Generally speaking there would be given lounge access. The Dragon "thing" is a bit like the Iberia Express model, but in essence if it was a Cathay flight and you would get access, then Dragon would also give access.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Surprise surprise... we can.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...dmittance.html
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
According to the Cathay website - yes... scroll down to Oneworld Frequent Flyer Members (Gold = Emerald, Silver = sapphire) https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...dmittance.html

edit: you answered your own question
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Cathay Dragon are a oneworld affiliate so all your usual oneworld benefits including lounge access apply.
The _Banking_Scot and jmj9905 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Yep. I've used Cathay dragon and all benefits applied
Old Jan 30, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I recently flew Cathay Dragon out of HKG and had no problems getting into Pier first lounge.

Also, if you are on a flight where KA does not sell J fares, you can choose a seat in the J section of the plane, but only get Y service (sort of poor mans Flub)
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Agent69
I recently flew Cathay Dragon out of HKG and had no problems getting into Pier first lounge.

Also, if you are on a flight where KA does not sell J fares, you can choose a seat in the J section of the plane, but only get Y service (sort of poor mans Flub)
Do you have examples of destinations where this is the case? (Written from the Pier F with a KA boarding pass).
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Do you have examples of destinations where this is the case? (Written from the Pier F with a KA boarding pass).
The only example I have is the flight I was on.

I flew HKG - CRK - HKG - SGN. On the CRK legs I could chose a 'J' seat (only opened up a couple of days before departure), but on the HKG - SGN leg (where they sell J) I had to sit in the back.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Agent69
The only example I have is the flight I was on.

I flew HKG - CRK - HKG - SGN. On the CRK legs I could chose a 'J' seat (only opened up a couple of days before departure), but on the HKG - SGN leg (where they sell J) I had to sit in the back.
It is dependent on the flight. Sometimes they will totally close the cabin, if it is open they will fill it with their own status passengers first. Then everyone else gets to choose. It's a CX policy. It's not common in J but happens a lot with the PE cabin on regional flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.