Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Club & Hotel status match

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Executive Club & Hotel status match

I know a number of the US based airlines have tie ups with different hotel chains and earning status with the airline allows you to match to the hotel equivalent. Do any hotel brands offer something similar for BA status?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
One I think - listed on the Gold page on the Website, Website is always a good first port of call.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Well, Gold Guest List comes with Hilton Diamond status - that's the only one I know of.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Allegedly if you produce a Gold card from BAEC on checking into a Langham hotel, you get signed up for almost top tier status with them

not all that useful though given how few Langhams there are - fine if you are mostly in London / NY / Chicago / HK (or China) - less great elsewhee
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
BA Gold and Langham:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...pitality-group

GGL and Hilton:
See part 07 of this post in the Guide:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31904769-post4.html
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Matching to Langham is pretty useless (for me anyway). Wonder if I can status match to United and then use that to match to their partner
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:41 pm

Browse Airlines | StatusMatcher
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
If you want the Langham benefits you.neednto book via the Langham site and not hotels.com etc.

I did this for the cordis in HK but didn't get the benefit even with my GC
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hilton Honors Platinum
Patchy experiences, but Mandarin Oriental (MO) recognise BAEC (you can collect Avios) and a few times have made explicit reference to my Gold status on pre-stay communication / at check in etc. In the past Gold allowed for a room upgrade and enhanced service (received this twice at MO KL a few years ago) but more recently (5 stays at MO Shanghai and 2x MO HK in 2019) nothing explicit in terms of upgrade etc- probably as upgrade came anyway from booking direct via their frequent stay portal (aka their 'Fans of MO' programme: not a loyalty programme as such, but pretty generous once you've signed up and booked). Can't recall if any of this was formalised on the website (of either party), someone may remember better.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by DrBenO
Patchy experiences, but Mandarin Oriental (MO) recognise BAEC (you can collect Avios) and a few times have made explicit reference to my Gold status on pre-stay communication / at check in etc. In the past Gold allowed for a room upgrade and enhanced service (received this twice at MO KL a few years ago) but more recently (5 stays at MO Shanghai and 2x MO HK in 2019) nothing explicit in terms of upgrade etc- probably as upgrade came anyway from booking direct via their frequent stay portal (aka their 'Fans of MO' programme: not a loyalty programme as such, but pretty generous once you've signed up and booked). Can't recall if any of this was formalised on the website (of either party), someone may remember better.
MO used to be a partner in terms of providing complimentary upgrades for BA Gold and Silver, but no more.
abligh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.