Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA First Helicopter Ride - QC [Quebec, Canada] Lawsuit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA First Helicopter Ride - QC [Quebec, Canada] Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:01 pm

Looks like somebody at BA forgot to update their tarrifs lodged with the DOT, some very old historical references in that pdf.

I wonder how common this is with other airlines!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by Dambus
Wow.

Silver plated cutlery?
Electromagnetic headset sounds painful.
justin_krusty likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:03 pm

After reading the tariff, next time I fly BA F I am going to request cigarettes!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by durberville
The DOT doesn’t post tariffs online, unfortunately. However, here is the rule showing as valid on the date of travel. This was received directly from the DOT.
Thank you for sharing. An interesting document.

I think I’m glad you haven’t mentioned the lack of electromagnetic headsets, silver cutlery or cigarettes afforded to F passengers too!
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Can we charter a 747 to witness the hearing?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by Prospero
I encourage it.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Shall we all meet in the speedwing lounge?
Speedbird676 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
... and helicopters?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:13 pm

Here’s the last time it came up.

Flying BA First? Get your helicopter!

OP redacted their first post. Wonder why.....
trooper, Bullswood and revorgap like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:15 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by durberville
I encourage it.
Are you going to share the pleadings in the case? All we see is a procedural interlocutory judgment, it would be of greater interest to our brethren here to see the plaint.
IAN-UK and HIDDY like this.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Jan 27, 2020 at 3:24 pm
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
Shall we all meet in the speedwing lounge?

After flying over on Concorde? Why not, it is mentioned in the tariff too....

This claim may well have legal merit (in a very narrow and strict way), but, my reaction - like many others i'm sure, is to wonder at the ethics of it. We will see I suppose.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Lots of people here will fall back to the Conditions of Carriage as a way of defending BA, I see no reason why BA shouldn't be held to it's own tariff. That is the basis on which tickets are sold.

I do hope the OP keeps us up to date on his progress in Small Claims.
lowfareair and SW7London like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:20 pm

Sounds like a wind-up.
Whether or not this is an obsolete filing, surely the conditions in the provided excerpt would have been for a specified cash fare (the tariff) and booking category, not for an AsiaMiles redemption? Could OP also reference the tariff/fare category related to the excerpt and explain why that was applicable to his booking?
Redemption fares often have different conditions or service benefits - e.g. Etihad F redemptions don't offer chauffeur service. I'd have thought the tariff & conditions in this case (e.g. mileage cost, fees, cancellation, changes etc) would be set by CX. Service levels would be as per BA's cabin class description at time of booking as implied by CX's sale of an F class ticket on BA.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by Bullswood
Sounds like a wind-up.
Whether or not this is an obsolete filing, surely the conditions in the provided excerpt would have been for a specified cash fare (the tariff) and booking category, not for an AsiaMiles redemption? Could OP also reference the tariff/fare category related to the excerpt and explain why that was applicable to his booking?
Redemption fares often have different conditions or service benefits - e.g. Etihad F redemptions don't offer chauffeur service. I'd have thought tariff conditions in this case (e.g. mileage cost, fees, cancellation, changes etc) would be set by CX and service levels would be as per BA's cabin class description at time of booking.
tariff of operating carrier always applies

the tariff is pretty clear... you seat in the first cabin this tariff rule applies. I’d also note it applies to business.

FIRST CLASS OR "F" - FARES APPLY WHEN TRAVEL IS IN THE FIRST CLASS COMPARTMENT OF COMBINATION COMPORTMENT AIRCRAFT.

Last edited by durberville; Jan 27, 2020 at 3:29 pm
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:29 pm

I have a question. Did the OP ACTUALLY PURCHASE the Helicopter flight? Was there an actual expense of "$2587.07"? (Which seems VERY high for the service described) Is the OP seeking reimbursement for having to pay for something that should have been complimentary...or did he happily use OTHER transportation and is seeking a windfall rather than actual costs?
RoyalFlush likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.