Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CSM attitude to 'self upgraders'

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:38 am

The manager said I could come up here. Yeah, right. I have had the good fortune to be moved after boarding, for various reasons in the past. In each and every case I have been taken thru by a cabin crew and shown to my new seat. I have never seen anyone moved to a new cabin by letting them head up there on their own.
mikem004 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by nancypants
it can’t be you, there is absolutely *no* mention of a hairbrush
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
You made me laugh out loud - for that - would you like to be a Mucci?
Laugh out load ........ ?

It was a good quip, for sure. But is making you “laugh out loud” all that’s needed ........

Do I sense diminished criteria for being inducted as an exalted Mucci ....... ? I’d really like to think standards are not dropping !
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I wonder if this was me?
My first thought.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
The people in charge of the aircraft cabin approved the move by tolerating it. Busybodies and nosey parkers should curb their outrage, mind their own business and not appoint themselves seat monitor.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
On a BA flight back from Rio, I had booked and paid for Economy+, or whatever they call it nowadays. It was not full. I checked myself in to one of the extra legroom seats. SWMBO was on the same flight, but did not think that the extra money was worth paying, so was back in Y..
I noticed about an hour after take off that a passenger from Y had moved himself up to take one of the free seats in W.
I was a bit fed up with this behaviour, but on the grounds that life is too short, I said and did nothing.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:12 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by subject2load

It was a good quip, for sure. But is making you “laugh out loud” all that’s needed ........

Do I sense diminished criteria for being inducted as an exalted Mucci ....... ? I’d really like to think standards are not dropping !
I wouldn't dare suggest such a thing for fear of said hairbrush, especially if it is the diamond encrusted variety. Those jewels can hurt
subject2load likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by subject2load

Darling - I'd make you one as well - but as you mention standards have probably slipped irredeemably already

Now - as I have been described by such people as the self UG'er as a toffee-nosed hard faced cow - I am, in the distribution of my Muccis, utterly unpredictable. Indeed, whilst some fool coined the phrase that Flattery gets you Nowhere (with me it gets you anywhere) ; anyone who entertains me is practically guaranteed that accolade. I have even been known to waiver regular criteria for those who last saw 50 on someone else's front door. I name no names.

Flattery or otherwise - anyone trying it on by sitting in a superior cabin, will get short shrift. What this female CSM was thinking of, I cannot imagine.
subject2load likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club, , Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
On some airlines the (perhaps slightly passive-aggressive) the approach would be to bring the credit card machine - "no problem Sir, I can arrange your upgrade".
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Badenoch
The people in charge of the aircraft cabin approved the move by tolerating it. Busybodies and nosey parkers should curb their outrage, mind their own business and not appoint themselves seat monitor.
This post made me almost as mad as someone getting away with self-upgrading!!!

We all have a responsibility to help prevent this kind of thing to discourage it.
PAL62V and dav662 like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
This post made me almost as mad as someone getting away with self-upgrading!!!

We all have a responsibility to help prevent this kind of thing to discourage it.

Sorry, It is not my responsibility to police who sits where on the same mode of public transport I am taking. Unless they jump on my lap I will let it pass.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:38 am

The easy option for the FA would be to let him sit in the Stolen Seat but not serve him at all. No drinks, no food. Act as if the chair is empty. And stop serving his companion if she starts sharing.
likethis likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
As subject2load has said I also experienced this in QR out of DOH. The business class at the back had an empty two seats. Suddenly two ladies appeared from the back and sat down and recline the seats and put the blankets up and closed their eyes.
The crew came and asked me where did they come from? I said from the back I think. They looked around the cabin and probably found they have two more than they should and woke them up and told them to get back to their original seats. After a big of talking the crew refused to let them sit there and sent them back. The crew were very firm.
i have seen this on LCC s too. They are firm and send them back.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stevie
Sorry, It is not my responsibility to police who sits where on the same mode of public transport I am taking. Unless they jump on my lap I will let it pass.
That is of course your choice but that is tantamount to burying your head in the sand while people around you steal from you. Yes, I say steal from you because that lost revenue puts up everyone's fares... including yours.

I am not on some kind of mission here. It is just that when people break the rules and steal in this way from BA so it is everyone of us, including ME, that suffers.

If you don't want to help stop it then as I say, that is your choice, but please don't criticise those that do want to help... they are doing the right thing and the more we do the more that BA are likely to realise that it matters to us. At least the CC will realise it more and they are more likely to stop it. If we all just ignore it then we can't blame BA and CC if they say that no one cares.
DelTroon likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Hmmm you could probably save the identity of the CSM by removing date / and or flight number
I agree hence why I don't like these type of threads on a public forum. Accusing an employee of malpractice doesn't seem right to me especially one whose identity can easily be traced.
flygirl68 and HilFly like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:55 am

We don’t know if the CSM phoned the rear crew to ask why and was satisfied with the answer. I feel if I was a passenger on another airline and saw who I thought was an interloper, I would bring it to the attention of the crew, discreetly. But what happens after that isn’t any of my business.

Edited to add, I have seen this happen many times over the years, whilst on duty, and I haven’t witnessed one person get away with it.
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.