Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to tell if TA has ticketed BA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

How to tell if TA has ticketed BA?

My other half has had a flight held by his corporate TA all week and they say they ticketed it today. I won’t bore you with the why, but we need to double check it has actually been ticketed. The BA app is useless for this I think? Where can I go to get the ticket number and details with a PNR? Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
It is in the app, click on the relevant flight and scroll down, it should show you ticket number.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't know if that was a typo but the BA app is most useful for this, though you have to refresh the cache for any recent updates. If there is no ticket number showing then you probably aren't yet ticketed.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Oops! Thanks!!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Or simply have the TA email her the e-ticket number. If it's ticketed, they have it. If it isn't, it will light a bonfire under a body part to get it done.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
My company uses CWT and sometimes there is a brief delay between TA ticketing the flights and them showing in the BA app.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Will it show up in the app if not ticketed?

My work uses Experian and there is a fee for all flights so I'm assuming they are just using some sort of engine direct into BA and buying the flights as if I was a regular customer.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by dddc
Will it show up in the app if not ticketed?

My work uses Experian and there is a fee for all flights so I'm assuming they are just using some sort of engine direct into BA and buying the flights as if I was a regular customer.
Usually as long as you have the BA PNR or your BAEC number is in the booking then you can see the flight and book seats with the app even before the ticket is issued.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:21 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Usually as long as you have the BA PNR or your BAEC number is in the booking then you can see the flight and book seats with the app even before the ticket is issued.
I did have my BAEC number in the booking (made sure that was registered before my passport details!). I wonder if that's why I was able to select seats as I bought my ticket, for those seat selections to show up on my Experian booking confirmation and then the next day when I went into my BAEC account, it had no mention of the seat bookings, just purchase a seat if you like? A small loop hole that allows you to book but rectified when the ticket is issued?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:29 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I use Checkmytrip either the website or the app

Give it the PNR and it if you click into it will tell you the E-Ticket number

Its also handy as it updates with Gate numbers and delays too
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
This is probably an incredibly stupid question, but I just don't know the inner goings-on in the travel agent and booking process world.
I know they can hold or reserve seats for a period of time but I don't know if there are other "stages" like this.
Does "ticketed" mean, bought and paid for, transaction full finished?

I'm in a similar boat with a CWT booking - I've emailed them a couple of times asking for confirmation which has not appeared. I have the booking in my BA app, and I can see a 125- ticket number. Am I good to go?
My worry was when I clicked "Print e-ticket receipt" in MMB, I got an error saying it wasn't available for the method of payment used. Is that just because it was through a TA? Or because it doesn't exist yet...?

Last edited by estate; Jan 25, 2020 at 8:26 am
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by estate
I'm in a similar boat with a CWT booking - I've emailed them a couple of times asking for confirmation which has not appeared. I have the booking in my BA app, and I can see a 125- ticket number. Am I good to go?
My worry was when I clicked "Print e-ticket receipt" in MMB, I got an error saying it wasn't available for the method of payment used. Is that just because it was through a TA? Or because it doesn't exist yet...?
Yes, you are good to go. You often see references to PNR - that's a booking "wrapper" and various things can go into the wrapper, such as a flight and / or hotel booking. In the case of a flight, once it is ticketed, then normally you are all set, and 125 is the plate number for BA services. You're probably too young to remember swipe-across credit card machines, but the small metal plate in the base of that machine, which produced the old physical ticket, would be marked out with BA's details and the number 125 embossed on it to impress on the ticket. Travel agents could swap the plates around, and so the AA would start 001. In the old days, once the physical ticket was added (manually) to the PNR then that was essentially a green light to travel. PNRs can have multiple tickets, hotels etc stuck in them. A PNR for flights without ticket numbers is typically just a reservation, it doesn't allow you to fly. Just two things get in the way. If you change the flight details then your ticket may need to be reissued or revalidated. Once that's triggered the App usually goes blank until the operation is complete when the old number (revalidation) or a new number (reissue) will appear. The other scenario is if your cheque bounces - or whatever the modern equivalent is these days - then you can be prevented from flying until you have really paid up. Even a boarding pass won't allow you to travel if that applies.

For e-ticket receipt - the travel agent owns the e-ticket so they should send an e-ticket, and CWT certainly does send those out, along with a separate invoice. The e-ticket has a Trip Summary at the top and then after each flight there should be a line starting "Air E-Ticket Issued" . They do this in both PDF and HTML format. CWT tend to use the term "Trip Locator" rather than PNR. Either way, it's not BA's job to issue this to you, it belongs to the travel agent.
estate and lcylocal like this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks very much for the detailed reply! Much appreciated.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy lt Titanium, UA lt Gld MM, HHonors Diamond, Starbucks Gold!
The Amadeus website or app - checkmytrip.com - allows you to load an itinerary using a PNR Locator. It will then show you the ticket numbers. Works for any Altea hosted airline - so BA, for example. Useful when the BA app is being finicky..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.