Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crew baggage in overhead lockers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
The irritated response of the crew should be your first clue that you are engaging in magical thinking by suggesting that the crew should simply make their bags disappear.

After five posts, we are still waiting for that mythical storage place that you think exists.

Perhaps your posts should be moved to the DYKWIA thread.....
Deary me. This will be my last response to you, because you are beyond reason and I have much better things to do on a Friday night than feed your delusions.

I clearly said that I have had the occasional grumpy crew (as has everyone on this board). The vast, vast majority are fine.

I also clearly said that I asked if there was somewhere else they could move it to, and at the end of boarding. I didn’t demand this, and I certainly wouldn’t expect them to inconvenience other passengers - and nor did I ask this, despite what you seem to have assumed. I was only anything less than polite, and even then only slightly, if someone responded badly to me.

Now you are fabricating that I’m looking for a mythical storage place. Pathetic

And that is the last I have to say to you
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:00 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
The irritated response of the crew should be your first clue that you are engaging in magical thinking by suggesting that the crew should simply make their bags disappear.

After five posts, we are still waiting for that mythical storage place that you think exists.

Perhaps your posts should be moved to the DYKWIA thread.....
When I was a retail manager, and yes, I was a successful one who turned around several failing stores, would never think of a customer as being DYKWIA for it being an expectation that consideration should be given to them as a customer. I also backed up staff when met with rude entitlement that sometimes verged on the abusive - on one occasion a disabled member of staff was threatened by a customer to have her crutches wrapped around her head because she wouldn't refund something that wasn't refundable. He was a nasty piece of work married to someone working in the shop next door. Centre security wouldn't remove him amazingly so I called the police and he was done for aggressive behaviour.

There has to be fairness and consideration and yes somewhere for the crew to put their bags. But it doesn't need to be where customers have no option to put their things. The customer should come first where possible. Why is putting crew bags above row 4/5 an impossible or unreasonable task? Asking to be treated like a customer is not DYKWIA. That is the basic standard.
SW7London, T8191, dav662 and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by mctaste
Better the person paying the least than the person paying the most. It is part of the price.
How do you know who is paying the most? A last minute economy ticket will be more than an early booking CE.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by mctaste
Better the person paying the least than the person paying the most. It is part of the price.
I can't seem to find that in the Conditions of Carriage. Perhaps it is in the Declaration of Entitlement.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Gotcha, jumping to conclusions and making assumptions it is.
I think the if it meets with resistance and you get an eye roll when you remind the crew you are a fare paying passenger it does give of an air of entitlement and people will not unnaturally assume that you appear to be more importantly than others.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Has anything changed since the last time this was discussed couple of weeks ago?

i guess we are due another BA seat selection fee scam thread any minute now plus another what’s the best lounge in T3
Perhaps another baggage tag and what it says about the need for recognition thread?
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
OK, I’ll say this ONLY once.

* I’m a bloody Gold, I’m in Row 1 for the legroom, and I want to put our bags in an overhead near us.
* I do NOT want to have to fight my way back through the rest of the disembarking pax to recover our bags from somewhere further back.
* I have some sympathy for the CC, BUT.... put your bags somewhere else. There’s already enough essential flight gear in the front overheads. Not their fault, but BA’s for not giving them somewhere to put their stuff.

And bloody harrumph, and DYKWIA, and I don’t care if someone doesn’t like that.. So there!

Carry on handbagging ,,, GO!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I think the if it meets with resistance and you get an eye roll when you remind the crew you are a fare paying passenger it does give of an air of entitlement and people will not unnaturally assume that you appear to be more importantly than others.
Did you read what I said? Please don’t misquote me to make a point that isn’t valid
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by T8191
OK, I’ll say this ONLY once.
And bloody harrumph, and DYKWIA, and I don’t care if someone doesn’t like that.. So there!

Carry on handbagging ,,, GO!
You forgot to say, "And get off my lawn!"
seanp7, HIDDY, T8191 and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:53 pm

On occasion I get some variation of “Its a really busy flight!” with/or an eye roll and a huff, in which case I’m a bit more forceful and point out I am/we are paying after all.
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Did you read what I said? Please don’t misquote me to make a point that isn’t valid
The record speaks for itself.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JayeJ
You forgot to say, "And get off my lawn!"
I don't have one! There’s a grassy 35° slope up to the woodland, and that starts one floor up from street level.
JayeJ likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I don't even bother with Row 1 anymore because of just this nonsense. CE row 3 or 4 or even further back is fine with me and as a Gold most of the time TS usually keeps the adjoining seat empty, I also find I actually have more legroom under the seat in front and somewhere to put my smaller bag under the middle seat and my 20" carry on above me.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The record speaks for itself.
I Spy ... thread death. Move on, guys!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:16 pm

Yup Try Southwest they LUV ya Less drama Less irritation.

Originally Posted by Yeoman5
A first world problem, but a tad annoying to find the locker overhead 1D fully occupied with cabin crew bags. I thought it must have been someone from further down the aircraft having dumped it there. The cabin crew saw my puzzled look and claimed the bags as theirs, inviting me to find space further down the cabin. “Oh” I said. “How refreshing”.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Given how row 1 is the only one without underseat stowage, that is the worst possible place for the crew to put their bags. Any other row would have less impact on customers. Mind you, it doesn't reflect well on BA's confidence in their baggage handlers and the entire checked baggage system if they don't believe it's reliable enough to let employees use it.
T8191 and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.