Wiki Posts
Search

Today’s 2758 to AMS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Today’s 2758 to AMS

Showing an on time departure in 45 mins but a 90 min late arrival.

What’s the likely reason for this?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:17 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Its going to have to wait for a take off slot but will push back from the gate
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:23 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Eurocontrol reporting inbound delays of 45+ mins to AMS at the moment, it does look very foggy outside my window too!
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974
Showing an on time departure in 45 mins but a 90 min late arrival.

What’s the likely reason for this?
European ATC restrictions and slot delays?
Arrival congestion at AMS?

My money is for an on-time departure and pushback but a taxiway hold at LGW and the PA from the flight deck along the lines of "Thanks for boarding on time boys and girls. We're all ready to go here but we're being informed of airspace restrictions over the North Sea and on into Amsterdam which means we're looking at a take off delay of 90mins from now. We're working with ATC to improve on that and I'll come back to you in 15mins to give you an update on how we're getting on with that. In the meantime I'll leave the seatbelt sign switched off and you're free to use your mobile devices. Thanks for bearing with us."
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
That's very likely classic slot delays at Schiphol - had it many times from STN on OrangeJet. I think the early UK flights often get held because they are only in the air for 35-45 minutes.

That said, wasn't that foggy for me this morning - though I'm the other side of the city from AMS - and it's clear now in the centre.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Most likely the same as what happened with a Newcastle to Heathrow flight earlier this week. Heathrow had limited slots as fog was expected.

They wanted people on board and ready to go as it was very likely that slots would open up, and open up they did. 90 minute possible delay turned into an arrival 4 minutes early (even with a broken tug).
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:46 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
As has been asked many times before - can we not have one consolidated thread for "why is my flight delayed"? - Delays happen multiple times daily, and so do these threads.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's been foggy around Schiphol off and on for about 2 weeks now as a result of the mild conditions on flat countryside. My Monday LGW-AMS service was going to be late but left on time, the return Tuesday AMS-LGW was originally a 20 minute slot delay, but ended up 10 minutes and we were back into LGW slightly ahead of schedule. So you will have to go with the flow. The fog didn't look too bad to me, I could see the whole of the E pier from D for example. AMS is in some ways more weather prone than LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.