Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Claim missing miles - partner flights experience

Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

The claim missing miles function for partner airlines, after logging into BA.com, has never worked for me.

Each time I’ve had the status shown as “Rejected” and I’ve had to follow up by emailing my boarding passes (which clearly show my BAEC membership number and status) to BA.

Most recently, my claim status was again shown as “Rejected” and a day later the flights were credited to my BAEC account.

This happens for every OW partner that I’ve taken in last 3 years - CX, MH, QF, QR, UL.

Is it my personal experience or is the feature generally faulty and people don’t generally bother with using it for partner flights missing claims?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
From what I can make out, the partner claim process works if it is a pure retro-claim, so there was no frequent flyer information present on the booking. I don't know for certain, but it's almost as if the process puts in the BAEC number, and processes it, but stops immediately if there was already a number in place (and thus potentially has been processed already). So in some cases it is best just to call up in the first instance rather than use the form.

Some partners - at some stations - only have a once a week update, and with processing delays (etc) it can therefore take 3 weeks for the planets to align. Sri Lanka, Qatar and Cathay are often cited in this space, but only for some locations.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
This happens for every OW partner that I’ve taken in last 3 years - CX, MH, QF, QR, UL.
Is your name in the BAEC account 100% exactly the same as in the CX, MH, QF, QR, UL reservations?
Same spelling, gaps, first middle surname etc
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Is your name in the BAEC account 100% exactly the same as in the CX, MH, QF, QR, UL reservations?
Same spelling, gaps, first middle surname etc
Yes. Most of the times they track and post automatically, even though some airlines (automatically?) omit the space between my first and second names while others retain the space. But in the handful of events that they don’t, I always have problems submitting my claim via the online form.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
From what I can make out, the partner claim process works if it is a pure retro-claim, so there was no frequent flyer information present on the booking. I don't know for certain, but it's almost as if the process puts in the BAEC number, and processes it, but stops immediately if there was already a number in place (and thus potentially has been processed already). So in some cases it is best just to call up in the first instance rather than use the form.
Aaah, this may explain the reason. In all my boarding passes, my BAEC number is shown along with my status - despite that they fail to track. Perhaps the online system is “dumb” enough to think this means the miles have been credited therefore automatically reject?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
It’s been 3 weeks since I’ve taken to Latam flights and the flights haven’t posted yet.

i will have to make a claim - are we saying that calling might be a better option then?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ringingup
It’s been 3 weeks since I’ve taken to Latam flights and the flights haven’t posted yet.

i will have to make a claim - are we saying that calling might be a better option then?
If you're not in a hurry then the webform just might work, so saving you some effort. But my suspicion is that you would probably end up calling anyway.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:26 am

I called BA today and a lovely agent mentioned that with LATAM (and other partners) it can take up to 20 working days for points to post. So I will wait until the middle of next week, after which, if the points haven't posted by then, he invited me to call them back.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Couple of flights at the start of 2020, booked with AA but on BA metal with my BAEC#. Nothing in the way of Avios/TPs after 14 days, so filled in the webform and got them credited within a couple of days. A little surprised that it didn't automatically get credited, not least since it was flown on BA metal.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:50 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I’ve just had to put a claim in for a couple of S7 flights I took just over a month ago. Found the boarding passes luckily, should they be needed.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CKBA
Couple of flights at the start of 2020, booked with AA but on BA metal with my BAEC#. Nothing in the way of Avios/TPs after 14 days, so filled in the webform and got them credited within a couple of days. A little surprised that it didn't automatically get credited, not least since it was flown on BA metal.
Did you also get a rejection message from BA, but the flights were credited shortly after?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
with AY i get a lot of flights not crediting. around 50% of the time I claim it gets rejected, despite providing ticket numbers, as "they have no proof I was on the flight" and i need to send copies of my boarding passes
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:36 am

My Latam flights eventually posted overnight, 3 weeks after flying them. On Thursday night, which is when people said it usually happens.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.