FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How long to do a manual upgrade? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2005609-how-long-do-manual-upgrade.html)

Pointsrun Jan 22, 2020 3:05 am

How long to do a manual upgrade?

Hi everyone,
I was 80 points short of Gold when my tier points end of year date was reached (on the 8th I think that's the same as everyone). I called BA up and they were very helpful and said, they could give me two weeks grace to make up the points. I managed to do this and called them Monday to ask them to upgrade me to Gold as per our previous conversation. The guy was polite but equally non-committal and said back office would need to do this manually. Does anyone know how long this process can take?
thank you
M

LondonElite Jan 22, 2020 3:11 am

I think past reports here are around the two-week mark. Welcome to FT!

UKtravelbear Jan 22, 2020 3:12 am

It's a manual process and it takes some time.

Remember BA are doing you a favour here so it's down to them how long it takes. Calling won't help.

A recentthread said it takes three people to review every claim under this process so its certainly not instantaneous.

corporate-wage-slave Jan 22, 2020 3:13 am

Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Pointsrun, it is good to see you here and I'm sure you will able to make best use of your status through active participation in this board.

This process used to work quite smoothly up until November 2019 (approximately) and then for some reason something changed. The intent and process is still there, it's just the delivery seems to have gone somewhat awry. This thread gives some examples.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...extension.html

Suffice to say, you best wait until the end of the membership month (not the collection year) and then contact again if it hasn't been completed.

scottishpoet Jan 22, 2020 3:15 am

it should be done long before your exiting status expires at the end of February

Pointsrun Jan 22, 2020 3:16 am

Wow! What a great active forum Thank you for all your quick replies! hadn't seen this forum before, I cant believe how much info on here! Look forward to learning more from it.

Pointsrun Jan 23, 2020 2:23 am

I think it's really important to post with positive experiences. As per my original post, I asked on Monday to be moved up - and I had an email this morning to confirm I have now been moved to Gold, which is also showing on the app etc. How about that for service. I can only talk very highly of BA and my experience of them over the last 12 months.

SKT-DK Jan 23, 2020 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Pointsrun (Post 31984450)
I think it's really important to post with positive experiences. As per my original post, I asked on Monday to be moved up - and I had an email this morning to confirm I have now been moved to Gold, which is also showing on the app etc. How about that for service. I can only talk very highly of BA and my experience of them over the last 12 months.

Welcome to the forum, Pointsrun! Your positive comments and mindset is great, and I hope it can influence the mood here overall :)
Congratulations on reaching Gold - I am guessing your mind is now already on planning to retain it :)

Pointsrun Jan 23, 2020 3:42 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK (Post 31984493)
Welcome to the forum, Pointsrun! Your positive comments and mindset is great, and I hope it can influence the mood here overall :)
Congratulations on reaching Gold - I am guessing your mind is now already on planning to retain it :)

Thank you! yes got a Middle East trip and over to the US for leisure already planned!

onobond Jan 26, 2020 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Pointsrun (Post 31984611)

Originally Posted by SKT-DK (Post 31984493)

Thank you! yes got a Middle East trip and over to the US for leisure already planned!

Yes, you're already hooked ;)
Frequent flying is almost as contagious as the Corona virus... :eek:

But, welcome to FT and BA Gold !