Getting silver

Old Jan 21, 20, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Getting silver

So ive used avios a lot in past trips and therefore im back to blue in exec club. I know its 300 to bronze and 600 to silver. My wife and i are going with Qatar to BKK in business. I have 2 questions.

1 - We are earning 560 tier points with this trip. We are both on my exec account. If we get 300 tier credits each with these flights (i know its only 280 each but i can add another flight) will we both be bronze or would we both be silver as we got 600 ?

2 - I know its 4 flights and 600 tier for silver. Will OSL - DOH - BKK count as 2 flights on the one ticket ?
Old Jan 21, 20, 6:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by calpsy View Post
So ive used avios a lot in past trips and therefore im back to blue in exec club. I know its 300 to bronze and 600 to silver. My wife and i are going with Qatar to BKK in business. I have 2 questions.

2 - I know its 4 flights and 600 tier for silver. Will OSL - DOH - BKK count as 2 flights on the one ticket ?
OSL to DOH is one fligt, DOH to BKK is a second flight, but if you are flying with QR then the may not be qualifying flights, so your return trip is 4 flights

Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia.
  • 'Marketed' means the flight will have a BA flight number (in your itinerary or on your ticket).
  • 'Operated' means the aircraft that you travel on is a British Airways aircraft (including franchises and BACityflyer).
If you are going with QR, do either of these apply?

As far as i can see each flight in J earns you 140 tp so by the end of this trip you will each have 580TPs That will be Bronze status if you have the appropriate number of qualifying flights. you will need another flight somewhere to get the additional points for silver. the systems will show you as silver around 72 hours after you meet the criteria for silver.

I am not sure what you mean you are both flying on your BAEC account, For your wife to get status she will need her own account and have her number in the booking as well.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Jan 21, 20 at 6:52 pm
Old Jan 21, 20, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Sorry meant we both have numbers but are on the same household account.
Old Jan 21, 20, 7:40 pm

Programs: BA
You need to have the required number of BA marketed/operated flights under your belt before you'll get BA status. Redemptions don't count towards the number of flights. So for Bronze you need 2 flights/300 tier points. For Silver 4 flights/600 tier points are required. If you're flying Qatar from/to Oslo then these will count towards your tier points but you won't trigger bronze until you've flown the 2 required BA flights (paid ticket). Similarly you won't trigger Silver until after you've flown another 2 BA flights and earned the required number of tier points. It can take a few days for the adjustment to occur so don't assume that for example if you hit silver on BKK-DOH that everything will have been adjusted in time for your connecting DOH-OSL.
carrotjuice likes this.
Old Jan 21, 20, 7:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
And also to point out, that is PER person. Each person needs their own 300 tier points and 2 BA marketed or operated flights for Bronze, 600 tier points and 4 flights for Silver.
Old Jan 21, 20, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Gshumway View Post
And also to point out, that is PER person. Each person needs their own 300 tier points and 2 BA marketed or operated flights for Bronze, 600 tier points and 4 flights for Silver.
If the OP will have a problem meeting the 4-BA-flights requirement for BA Silver (oneworld Sapphire), perhaps he should consider pursuing status with Iberia Plus instead. Iberia does not require any IB flights to achieve status. More info here:

https://insideflyer.co.uk/2019/03/qa...f-iberia-plus/

OSL-DOH-BKK-DOH-OSL in Business would earn oneworld Ruby status, and one would be pretty close to oneworld Sapphire, but a little more flying would be required to achieve it.
Old Jan 21, 20, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Helps a lot
Old Jan 21, 20, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; SK EBG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, SPG Gold
This reminds me of a question - where can I find the number of BA flights I have taken. As I do not fly BA that much this year I have either taken 2 or 4 - In my account all it says under qualifying is -

“To retain Gold Guest List membership you need an additional: 425 Tier Points “.

Does that mean I have the four flights or is it hidden somewhere else? getting the 425 points in the next 5 months will not be an issue.

thanks,

KF
Old Jan 22, 20, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have a read of the "attaining status" thread will explain easily moving between the tiers and criteria :

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition
rockflyertalk likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: