FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   I got an inflight birthday card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2005306-i-got-inflight-birthday-card.html)

Duck1981 Jan 20, 2020 7:40 am

I got an inflight birthday card

Flying in Y LHR-DXB last Thursday on BA107.

In the middle of the flight I got as a surprise from cabin crew a bottle of Champagne and desserts from Business, also a birthday card signed by the whole cabin and flight crew. Comes out that my lovely wife organised it by walking into the rear galley whilst I was asleep, but I still appreciate the effort of the crew to make it happen.

[Nota bene - most likely the post is of extreme non-interest for you, but as someone who is many times critical of BA I found the whole thing quite nice so wanted to make a positive post]

13901 Jan 20, 2020 7:55 am

Happy belated birthday!

it’s nice of them to be doing this, bravo to the crew.

irishguy28 Jan 20, 2020 7:57 am

Glad to hear that they didn't "screw your birthday party!!!!

:D :D :D :D

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emir...day-party.html

wilsnunn Jan 20, 2020 8:04 am

I was flying on my birthday last year with Mrs Wilsnunn, she called BA beforehand, and mentioned to both the check in agent and the boarding agent, and she was told that there would be a signed card for me on the flight. During the flight there was no sign of it so she asked the CC who told her that they do not do this kind of thing and that whoever told her the card would be there was wrong!

Glad to see that you recieved something as a nice surprise and glad it worked well for Mrs Duck1981. Mrs Wilsnunn was left rather disappointed by how they acted when she tried to do it for me.

Can I help you Jan 20, 2020 8:26 am

That is very sad to hear wilsnunn as we have cards on every flight for such occasions.

YacozA Jan 20, 2020 8:35 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn (Post 31972775)
told her that they do not do this kind of thing and that whoever told her the card would be there was wrong!

My Missus received a birthday cake and card in December... so still seems to happen and was a welcome surprise!

Wifie Jan 20, 2020 9:02 am

I was surprised to be presented with a card and glass of fizz soon after take off when flying back from TFS in CE on my birthday at the end of December. Hubby swore blind he hadn't mentioned it (and I believe him!).
It cheered me up after experiencing the hellhole that is TFS airport.

navylad Jan 20, 2020 9:07 am

Well done that crew.

Tgis is exactly how BA should be differentiating itself compared to LCC (and indeed other legacy carriers).

Duck1981 Jan 20, 2020 9:10 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn (Post 31972775)
I was flying on my birthday last year with Mrs Wilsnunn, she called BA beforehand, and mentioned to both the check in agent and the boarding agent, and she was told that there would be a signed card for me on the flight. During the flight there was no sign of it so she asked the CC who told her that they do not do this kind of thing and that whoever told her the card would be there was wrong!

Glad to see that you recieved something as a nice surprise and glad it worked well for Mrs Duck1981. Mrs Wilsnunn was left rather disappointed by how they acted when she tried to do it for me.

Oh dear! I can imagine her disappointment. Sorry to hear that.

Duck1981 Jan 20, 2020 9:11 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 31972761)
Glad to hear that they didn't "screw your birthday party!!!!

:D :D :D :D

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emir...day-party.html

Sensationell :)

Temps Jan 20, 2020 9:17 am

My wife got a card and a bottle of champagne last August heading to LAS. Unprompted by me, so that was really nice.

Not being a champagne drinker, she sent it with my daughter's friend to Cancun for her 21st, but they didn't drink it either. I think it finally got drunk around Christmas.

wilsnunn Jan 20, 2020 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 31972857)
That is very sad to hear wilsnunn as we have cards on every flight for such occasions.

Originally Posted by Duck1981 (Post 31972996)
Oh dear! I can imagine her disappointment. Sorry to hear that.

Just booked a weekend trip for Mrs Wilsnunn's birthday next month so will try to get her a card!

Shingi Jan 20, 2020 9:34 am

I am off to Madeira in March on my birthday. A couple of years ago doing the exact same thing I got a “happy birthday’ at check-in and the same on board but no cake etc., It was rather nice I have to say and I am wondering if it will happen this time. I’ll report back. Nothing had been mentioned beforehand so it was a really pleasant surprise.

TheOldMan Jan 20, 2020 9:53 am

My wife was given a card to celebrate her 100th flight with BA which I thought was rather nice.

Duck1981 Jan 20, 2020 10:22 am

I also believe there should be some personal recognition at a lounge for birthdays - (at least I saw in red on yellow on the agent's screen 'personal recognition message for Mr Daniel Kxyz') but our lounge agent at the T5 B lounge did first of all not know that I can bring as Gold a guest in the lounge, and after she checked with another BA member she got rather flustered and very nervous. and did not mention anything. She was very friendly though, despite she said she hasnt' done lounge access ever before :)