FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Flight delayed- aircraft late arrival 3 days in advance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2005296-flight-delayed-aircraft-late-arrival-3-days-advance.html)

navylad Jan 20, 2020 6:36 am

Flight delayed- aircraft late arrival 3 days in advance

Just got notification on the app that my flight on Thursday is delayed by 50 minutes due to the late arrival of my aircraft- now that’s forward planning.

scottishpoet Jan 20, 2020 7:19 am

it often happens, its likely just that the aircraft that is planned for your flight is currently about 50 minutes behind schedule so everything its planned to do is reflecting the delay.

there is a strong possibility that delay will disappear in the next 48 hours

Often1 Jan 20, 2020 7:22 am

Or prevailing winds, political unrest, or anything else which has caused rerouting of one kind or another allow BA to know in advance that this will occur.

Boeing77W Jan 20, 2020 8:28 am

It's a known issue within the current planning software, the company have no way to repress the information and therefore stop the app/website being updated with a delay that probably won't happen. Various operational systems are being replaced so there may be an end in sight.

navylad Jan 20, 2020 9:05 am

Yes, just made me laugh when it came up as a notification, at the same time as breaking news from the BBC.

I’m sure I’m not the only one that dislikes the ‘late arrival of inbound aircraft’ reason for delay and would much rather an actual reason for a delay was given. Although then I do also dislike it on the tube when they tell me there is a good service operating on all lines and in my head I always reply with ‘wel I’ll be the judge of that thank you’. 😂

UKtravelbear Jan 20, 2020 11:20 am

BA should really stop doing these notifications as all they generally do is cause unnecessary worry and confusion (especally with infrequent travellers) as in the majority of cases these delays are wiped out when the day of travel is reached.

TCX69 Jan 20, 2020 12:10 pm

Deleted.

Boeing77W Jan 20, 2020 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31973464)
BA should really stop doing these notifications as all they generally do is cause unnecessary worry and confusion (especally with infrequent travellers) as in the majority of cases these delays are wiped out when the day of travel is reached.

As noted above it is an issue which can’t be resolved with the current software, changes are said to be afoot.

navylad Jan 20, 2020 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by TCX69 (Post 31973656)
What are your flight details? I can have a look as to why...

mots the 351 on Thursday Toronto (BA93)

groenroos Jan 20, 2020 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Boeing77W (Post 31974056)
As noted above it is an issue which can’t be resolved with the current software, changes are said to be afoot. It causes many issues that they’d rather avoid.

Not that I know anything, but I find it hard to believe that BA wouldn't be able to stop its own app from sending push notifications about such things (even if the flight status might indeed be changed to "delayed" due to these software limitations)

Boeing77W Jan 20, 2020 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by groenroos (Post 31974105)
Not that I know anything, but I find it hard to believe that BA wouldn't be able to stop its own app from sending push notifications about such things (even if the flight status might indeed be changed to "delayed" due to these software limitations)

Out of interest are you using the iPhone or Android app?

groenroos Jan 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Boeing77W (Post 31974491)

Not OP, but I'm on the iPhone gang.

Oxon Flyer Jan 20, 2020 3:51 pm

1 Attachment(s)
This, incidentally, highlights an obvious bug in the iApp, whereby the display of a delayed flight is truncated, losing the very information that’s most pertinent :

u01sss3 Jan 20, 2020 3:56 pm

I experienced something similar last Wednesday when my Friday flight was predicted to leave on time but arrive 17 minutes late. Strange glitch.

navylad Jan 20, 2020 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Boeing77W (Post 31974491)

mum a slave to IPhone I’m afraid