Wiki Posts
Search

I just SO hate the check in at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
I just SO hate the check in at CDG

Of all the airports in all the world....... those checkin agents are so rude, curt, disrespectful, snootily, aloof, and downright non customer friendly!!!!! EVERY blinking time.

is it just me?
LosRodeos84, Thysk and groenroos like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
What I like about CDG check-in is it's location. And the door leading directly to security.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by wanderingjock
Of all the airports in all the world....... those checkin agents are so rude, curt, disrespectful, snootily, aloof, and downright non customer friendly!!!!! EVERY blinking time.

is it just me?
Sounds like the everyday interactions we had everywhere else in Paris itself.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Been through a few times in last few years and always fine.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
The French, bless them, have an interesting approach to customer relations not entirely in synch with Anglo-Americans. You just have to shrug, say an inward ‘bof’ and give as good as you get.
TedToToe and wanderingjock like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Aston100
Sounds like the everyday interactions we had everywhere else in Paris itself.
If you’ve been in Paris long enough the check in staff actually seem friendly. True story.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
No. It’s horrific and they are useless. What surprises me, is that given competition on that route and the Eurostar I would have thought that they could be more humble, quicker and flexible but no. They are a nightmare and no matter what time the flight is.

The only relief is the lounge.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: QRPC
If you speak french, I bet you will be having a different experience. For some reason, many french people don't like to speak English at all and consider French as the "global language" so everyone is supposed to learn it.
There are exceptions for sure.
Markie and mctaste like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: Alaska, American, Delta, Aer Lingus, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
I don’t remember a single problem with that airport when we were there last year. I did have two kids and the French do like children, even English speaking children, if they are polite.
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:34 am

Make your first interaction a bonjour followed by a pause.

The Bonjour Effect (Amazon) The Bonjour Effect (Amazon)
T8191, RockyRobin and TedToToe like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by mehudson
I don’t remember a single problem with that airport when we were there last year. I did have two kids and the French do like children, even English speaking children, if they are polite.
How dare you contradicting the vulgata that sees everyone on the continent - especially the French - being bad?!

I personally like very much the no-nonsense attitude of the CDG workers. We have family and friends scattered all around the worst parts of Île de France (92, 93, 94) and I adore all of them. They're the New Yorkers of Europe.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold

This check-in area is private, and premium.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Souvenez-vous trois lettres:
ahsh bay ohh.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Splendiz
If you speak french, I bet you will be having a different experience. For some reason, many french people don't like to speak English at all and consider French as the "global language" so everyone is supposed to learn it.
There are exceptions for sure.
I usually get answered in English when I try - the effort doesn't seem appreciated unless you can speak the language well, which I admittedly cannot. I know enough to get by (i.e. basic interactions and being able to order food and drink).

In saying that I haven't yet encountered particularly rude service in Paris.
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:01 am

Everyone has a different experience. The sometimes friendly sometimes cranky staff is pretty much true all around the world. Most people respond to kindness and respect with kindness and respect. If you run into a customer service representative that doesn't respond this way, it could be the 5 people in front of you took a toll on their patience quotient. Nothing personal to you, not really related to you. You can get all huffy and feel offended, or you can reasonably assume that the representative is having a bad day and move on.

Customer Service Representatives should put their personal feelings aside as part of the job, but they are only human.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.