Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

World Traveller Plus “upgrade” to windowless smelly seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Whinge alert

I’ve tried several times to use “space available upgrade”, and was initially pleased it had finally been given for WT to WTP.

But we were given 21A and B. Windowless, right near the economy bassinets, and worse disgustingly smelly.

So thanks BA for that “recompense” to a for an F flight where they lost my GF meal among other things. Which they then promptly did on this flight too for the second meal, before trying to make one up and presented me with a pastry...

And service in WTP is astonishingly minimal. The call button does zero.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Sorry title wrong. Meant a WTP upgrade
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And a further clarification, this would have been on the 787-9 service, where the rear seats are fairly close to the WCs, which are actually in the WT area. Now no seat should be smelly, but the burnt orange air freshener is something I find particularly off putting too, if that is what you mean. Blame the "synthetic polycyclic musks" (© @rossmacd)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30613414-post6.html

I don't think it's quite windowless, my recollection is a window more level with the seat in front, but if you recline the seat then it's someway forward.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
That doesn’t sound like a great experience, so sorry to hear OP.

On the whole, is always try and avoid using upgrade vouchers to go from WT to WT+, you get much better value IMHO going WT+ to J or J to F.

it does seam you are having the worst luck with meals (are these special meals?) Although this was a generous service recovery gesture on the first place for a missing meal (usually you would only get a few thousand Avios for that) but nevertheless, this has been tampered by only poor seats being available on WT+ from the sounds of it. It does sound like the CC did their best to find a solution for your missing meal, so sorry to hear that gesture wasn’t to your liking and hopefully you can reach a solution with CR.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
navylad I think OP meant Gluten Free when they said GF, which I assume is then why the pastry is mentioned. That does all seem a bit meh. Before I discovered FT I thought all seat were equal, now I know better.

OP. Annoying but it's a live and learn experience. Agree with navylad, if the voucher allows a WT+ to CW is a better use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.