FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Someone is having a speakerphone conversation in First lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2004996-someone-having-speakerphone-conversation-first-lounge.html)

likethis Jan 18, 2020 9:39 am

Someone is having a speakerphone conversation in First lounge

He’s discussing business proposals.

I made disapproving and judgemental eye contact. I fear he may have interpreted this as being impressed.

I can’t think of a way to moan without being a you know what.

itsmeitisss Jan 18, 2020 9:43 am

Join in with the conversation pretending to be headhunting the offender...

scottishpoet Jan 18, 2020 9:43 am

Perhaps mention it to a lounge angel and the duty manager can deal with it if it iscausing a nuisance

likethis Jan 18, 2020 9:48 am

After a second sweep of the lounge I found another seat. So I did the British thing and moved away.

Bohinjska Bistrica Jan 18, 2020 9:50 am

If you were to join in and start talking nonsense over him, he will probably never do it again given the embarrassment caused.

worldtrav Jan 18, 2020 9:54 am

I had a similar incident in an SQ lounge, old couple face timing with their grandkid. I solicited the help of a lounge agent to get it stopped. Some people are rude are some are clueless.

likethis Jan 18, 2020 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica (Post 31965877)
If you were to join in and start talking nonsense over him, he will probably never do it again given the embarrassment caused.

I thought it might be funny to say something like “50 million, final offer!”, but I can’t pull off that kind of thing.

LondonElite Jan 18, 2020 10:14 am

Take notes while occasionally looking at him

ens100 Jan 18, 2020 10:24 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 31965952)
Take notes while occasionally looking at him

I was going to suggest this exact same thing, pull up a seat near him and start taking notes - would be fun to see.

I had a similar situation in BSL a while back, ended up doing what the OP did, tutted and moved to another seat

DYKWIA Jan 18, 2020 11:02 am

Somebody recommended this before...

Get a really sweary rap song on Spotify and play it at full blast next to him. It will embarrass him, and hopefully make him realise he's being a knob.

subject2load Jan 18, 2020 11:24 am

The blatant selfishness of anyone using a phone in this way never ceases to amaze ; I despair every time I read one of these reports.

Some good suggestions above on tackling it head on (though not entirely sure I would wish to adopt them myself).

I long for the day when airlines / lounge operators take a firm stand, and simply prohibit this thoroughly unsociable behaviour. Unlikely to ever happen, I know - for fear of causing offence. But exactly what is there to fear from ‘offending’ people who show such rudeness ...... :confused:

Allan38103 Jan 18, 2020 11:35 am

Someone is acting in what you believe to be an immature manner (i.e., holding a loud conversation in a public place). And the next step is to respond in a childish manner?

Grow up and act like an adult. You'll look better that way.

mctaste Jan 18, 2020 11:58 am

people like op are the reason people like speakerphone guy keep being jerks. well played, all!

bobbytables Jan 18, 2020 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 31966141)
Somebody recommended this before...

Get a really sweary rap song on Spotify and play it at full blast next to him. It will embarrass him, and hopefully make him realise he's being a knob.

While this would be hilarious, it makes things even worse for anyone else in the vicinity hoping for some peace and quiet.

Asking him politely to stop and then involving the lounge staff is probably the best way. Moving away and doing nothing about it means he'll keep doing it, but then again he probably will even if he gets told off; he'll just think that the people in that lounge are overly sensitive.

ExpatSomchai Jan 18, 2020 1:01 pm

Just say " I wonder what compliance would think"