FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   A350 CWS - Storage area must be empty for T/O and Landing? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2004660-a350-cws-storage-area-must-empty-t-o-landing.html)

snaxmuppet Jan 16, 2020 10:30 am

A350 CWS - Storage area must be empty for T/O and Landing?

Rather surprised that the small storage bin low down by your leg in the CS must be empty for take-off and landing. Seems a bit OTT to me.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b31576ed32.jpg

YYCCL3 Jan 16, 2020 10:47 am

I think every airline I've been on with that style of seat has the same notice... I usually leave light items in there like the amenity kit and have never had it questioned by CC.

tjcxx Jan 16, 2020 11:08 am

Originally Posted by YYCCL3 (Post 31958360)
I think every airline I've been on with that style of seat has the same notice... I usually leave light items in there like the amenity kit and have never had it questioned by CC.

e.g., AA wants the "floor-area" clear (but doesn't check very hard) but has never said anything about the storage bin.

BABenchley Jan 16, 2020 11:24 am

That's correct. The holder is not certified for items to be stowed therefore must not have anything in it for take-off and landing. This is highlighted in the seat instruction guide located in the magazine rack. You can however place items under the ottoman for take-off and landing.

aidy Jan 16, 2020 11:34 am

I was asked to move my headphones from there recently

theultimateflyer Jan 16, 2020 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by BABenchley (Post 31958498)
That's correct. The holder is not certified for items to be stowed therefore must not have anything in it for take-off and landing. This is highlighted in the seat instruction guide located in the magazine rack. You can however place items under the ottoman for take-off and landing.

curious as to what this means exactly? Is there a risk items would fall out in case of a sudden jolt (as in an emergency).

dodgeflyer Jan 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Are those rain trousers?

snaxmuppet Jan 17, 2020 4:37 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer (Post 31959076)
Are those rain trousers?

:D chinos :D

I was asked to remove the amenities kit and told it had to be completely empty. Seemed a bit OTT to me.

Can I help you Jan 17, 2020 4:38 am

Blame the CAA.

etiene Jan 17, 2020 4:52 am

I agree - have seen this on various airlines [even spaces like that but with a lid] and it always seems overzealous. Can't recall ever having been asked to move stuff, but it's not the crew's fault.

I'd be interested to hear what the certification regime is for that though.

cgtechuk Jan 17, 2020 5:40 am

We need a new acronym I am becoming increasingly confused with CWS and corporate-wage-slave ;)

RB211 Jan 17, 2020 9:55 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk (Post 31961425)
We need a new acronym I am becoming increasingly confused with CWS and corporate-wage-slave ;)

CS is the preferred abbreviation for the new Club Suite and any case of CWS, with and without hyphens, is reserved for their gracious majesty, corporate-wage-slave!

rb211.

snaxmuppet Jan 18, 2020 1:22 am

Originally Posted by RB211 (Post 31962316)
CS is the preferred abbreviation for the new Club Suite and any case of CWS, with and without hyphens, is reserved for their gracious majesty, corporate-wage-slave!

rb211.

My sincere apologies to CWS... CS it is then :)

Starship73 Jan 18, 2020 2:11 am

Originally Posted by theultimateflyer (Post 31959031)
curious as to what this means exactly? Is there a risk items would fall out in case of a sudden jolt (as in an emergency).

Any unsecured item in the cabin could hit you in the head with extreme force in the event of a rapid deceleration (eg a crash landing). Small things that don’t weigh much hurt a lot when travelling at high speed, like bullets for example.

florens Jan 18, 2020 3:48 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk (Post 31961425)

CWS = Club World Suites
cws = corporate-wage-slave

@:-)