Wiki Posts
Search

Flight too empty & Photo Opportunity!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
To answer the questions

1. I didn't get an upgrade, but that's fine, thought no harm in asking, and wasn't upset at the refusal, the person in 22B also wanted an upgrade and he was grumpy about it
2. The checkin lady said to ask CC for a 'cheeky upgrade', they said the flight was too empty for her to do an AUP, but given it was empty CC might do it (her words, not mine)
3. I have upgraded at gate before (Hong Kong) hence there is precedence
4. I have been upgraded (free) on the BDA to LGW route, they often do that in the lounge (which in BDA is basically the gate)
5. Pilot did take the photos - only attached one, but it was done mid-flight, not on the ground

Pilot did take the photo, midair - actually have 8 in different poses.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by stuvoi
I hope at least 1 was mildly risqué
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

So that's what 'bobbleheads' are? I hadn't a clue.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
So that's what 'bobbleheads' are? I hadn't a clue.
They're all over the place. These two represent Peggy and Dom from Madmen (TV series)
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They're all over the place. These two represent Peggy and Dom from Madmen (TV series)

The Captain's obviously a fan.
stuvoi likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
To answer the questions

1. I didn't get an upgrade, but that's fine, thought no harm in asking, and wasn't upset at the refusal, the person in 22B also wanted an upgrade and he was grumpy about it
2. The checkin lady said to ask CC for a 'cheeky upgrade', they said the flight was too empty for her to do an AUP, but given it was empty CC might do it (her words, not mine)
3. I have upgraded at gate before (Hong Kong) hence there is precedence
4. I have been upgraded (free) on the BDA to LGW route, they often do that in the lounge (which in BDA is basically the gate)
5. Pilot did take the photos - only attached one, but it was done mid-flight, not on the ground

Nice!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Sorry a bit off topic but got me thinking. I‘m sure I have read here and elsewhere in old posts about paying the purser (SCCM) for an upgrade onboard. Is this a think? Or was it ever?.
Yes, but I can't remember when. At least 20 years ago, I would think. We used to fly business class for work but only economy when we were paying for ourselves, so I remember going on holiday, asking on board, and being given a price. It wasn't cheap, from what I remember.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:51 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi.

you used to be able to pay for an upgrade on board via the sccm but this ability was ended a good few years ago( not sure exactly how many) as the machines uses to process card payments for on board upgrades were removed iirc
numbers may have been limited
regards

tbs
Maybe they could stick it on the BOB menu...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.