Cannot book UL redemptions on ba.com?

Old Jan 15, 20, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Cannot book UL redemptions on ba.com?

I realize it's now possible to search for UL flights, but whenever I select any to get a quote on Avios required, the response I get is "Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flights."

Is this a persistent issue? Does it mean that UL redemption bookings always necessitate a call to BA? Will I get charged a fee by BA for phone bookings in this case?
Old Jan 15, 20, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
I realize it's now possible to search for UL flights, but whenever I select any to get a quote on Avios required, the response I get is "Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flights."

Is this a persistent issue? Does it mean that UL redemption bookings always necessitate a call to BA? Will I get charged a fee by BA for phone bookings in this case?
Iíve had similar issues with UL so I only presume it canít be booked online. BA are usually good in such scenarios and donít charge the fee as you couldnít do it online due to their error which has now coerced you to call up and book. However if you do get an agent about to charge, you can politely query it and more often than not they will waive it anyway. Thatís one good thing about BA call centres, theyíre not the typical scripted, computer says no type!
Old Yesterday, 2:05 am

I have booked a handful of Avios redemptions on UL, by phoning up each time, as the BA website never worked. I was never asked to pay an offline fee either.
Old Yesterday, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

I called BA and indeed they allowed booking for UL by phone.

As a data point, the total cost for SIN-CMB one way in J is cheaper when redeeming Avios (22,000 miles + SGD 169) than redeeming Asia Miles (35,000 miles + SGD 175).

Last edited by carrotjuice; Yesterday at 9:40 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: