BA seat selection scam recourse?

Old Jan 17, 20, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
The whole thing about moving 2 people who were already in the FLUB seats stinks. Especially as they were probably status passengers. Very bad form by the CSD (or whoever did it).
We don't know who was moved out of the FLUB seats. My initial thought was that the CSD would not move seated pax unless they were non-rev. I made the assumption that the GA had put friends/family on norev tkts into the FLUB seats.
I could be wrong, I often am.
Old Jan 17, 20, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
whereas moving these passengers out of the seats beforehand was ok?
I would say that neither is great, but moving someone already aboard [who may also through no action on their own part have found themselves in FLUB] is the worst option.
Old Jan 17, 20, 6:41 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by etiene View Post
I would say that neither is great, but moving someone already aboard [who may also through no action on their own part have found themselves in FLUB] is the worst option.
Can we really be sure there were people in those seats?

From the sounds of it the FLUB situation is very fluid and the cabin could've been re-closed when they were at CDG but by the time they had boarded become required once more, which allowed the CSD to move the pax back into what in fact were empty seats??

I don't think we can assume any 'facts' from the story (not suggesting for a second the OP has fabricated anything, simply we have no actual details). I would be very surprised however if they moved PAX already sat in FLUB back to CW middle seats...
etiene likes this.
Old Jan 17, 20, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj View Post
Can we really be sure there were people in those seats?

From the sounds of it the FLUB situation is very fluid and the cabin could've been re-closed when they were at CDG but by the time they had boarded become required once more, which allowed the CSD to move the pax back into what in fact were empty seats??

I don't think we can assume any 'facts' from the story (not suggesting for a second the OP has fabricated anything, simply we have no actual details). I would be very surprised however if they moved PAX already sat in FLUB back to CW middle seats...
True enough - though I maintain that the [perhaps] hypothetical "remove someone seated to accommodate someone wafting around a printout" remains the worst course of action.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
The whole thing about moving 2 people who were already in the FLUB seats stinks. Especially as they were probably status passengers. Very bad form by the CSD (or whoever did it).
well now that I have all the details...it turns out they put BA employee nonrevs in those seats and then moved them back out (as per the purser). Glad it worked out in the end.

Last edited by GetSetJetSet; Jan 17, 20 at 10:59 pm
Old Jan 18, 20, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
well now that I have all the details...it turns out they put BA employee nonrevs in those seats and then moved them back out (as per the purser). Glad it worked out in the end.
So, your parents were victimized by a BA “scam” that put them into first class seats?

Are you still seeking a refund of their seat reservation fees?

Just checking.
Old Jan 18, 20, 10:51 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Seems a very bad example given that AA and BA have a joint venture and have the same fares - so more like example the AA fare is £2000 and the BA fare, £2000, excluding seat selection
even when one has a I class available and the other only has D and up?
Old Jan 18, 20, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Sorry---what are FLUB seats?
Old Jan 18, 20, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by enzian View Post
When a 4 class plane is used but only 3 class service provided. So (F)irst class seats, and c(LUB) world service.
Old Jan 18, 20, 3:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Here are ten pages of posts for you to read all about it Other threads are available.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit......-777-a.html
Old Jan 18, 20, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Thanks! But what do the letters stand for? New acronym to me, I assume the F is First, but can't figure out the rest.
Old Jan 18, 20, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Thanks! But what do the letters stand for? New acronym to me, I assume the F is First, but can't figure out the rest.
search for FLUB or read the linked thread and all will be resolved
Old Jan 18, 20, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
A combination of First and Club.
Steve in Olympia likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: