Search

Infant flight cancelled (return leg)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Infant flight cancelled (return leg)

Hello all,

I am currently in the middle of a trip in South America where my infant son has turned 2 on the trip. I have a booking ref for myself and wife plus his turned 2 booking ref. Just wanted to check today if he seat was confirmed today but his flight is showing as cancelled in MMB. Myself and wife ticket/flight seems to be fine in MMB Will call BA in the morning but any advise on what’s happened?

Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thecoogan
Hello all,

I am currently in the middle of a trip in South America where my infant son has turned 2 on the trip. I have a booking ref for myself and wife plus his turned 2 booking ref. Just wanted to check today if he seat was confirmed today but his flight is showing as cancelled in MMB. Myself and wife ticket/flight seems to be fine in MMB Will call BA in the morning but any advise on what’s happened?

Thanks
I haven't been able to get BA to answer my calls yet.

This is the booking created as my son turned 2 with the flight cancelled:

This is our original booking for the 3 of us:

Any ideas on what might be going on?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
My guess is that the "infant" booking has been removed but not yet replaced with a "child" booking, which is leading to an unfortunately confusing display message for you.

Did you contact BA about this at any time in the past? If not, contact them ASAP. If you have contacted them to discuss a seat for your child on the return flight, then I still recommend contacting them but less urgently.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:35 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Did you not specifically arrange a seat for the return leg when you originally booked your flights? I think in this scenario you are not supposed to book online, but call BA to book, so that the appropriate arrangements are made for the return flight.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
My guess is that the "infant" booking has been removed but not yet replaced with a "child" booking, which is leading to an unfortunately confusing display message for you.

Did you contact BA about this at any time in the past? If not, contact them ASAP. If you have contacted them to discuss a seat for your child on the return flight, then I still recommend contacting them but less urgently.
At the time of the booking (last April) I contacted BA and they created the new child booking which is the one showing the cancelled flight.

Originally Posted by gms
Did you not specifically arrange a seat for the return leg when you originally booked your flights? I think in this scenario you are not supposed to book online, but call BA to book, so that the appropriate arrangements are made for the return flight.
Yes, this was done at time of booking. This was done over the phone with BA.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:50 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Sounds like you definitely need to get BA on the phone ASAP to find out what has gone wrong and get them to fix it!
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:52 am
Original Poster

At the time of the booking (last April) I contacted BA and they created the new child booking which is the one showing the cancelled flight.

Yes, this was done at time of booking. This was done over the phone with BA.
BA just replied to me on Twitter:

"How odd, [my name]. It was actually me that booked the seat for [my sons name] back in March. This is something that can happen with this type of booking. Don't worry, we have a process to get the seat reinstated. I've emailed the relevant team to get this sorted for you. It'll be done before you travel on 28 January. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Sao Paulo and have a fab flight back"

Remembering back now I contacted them on Twitter. At the time the BA agent that booked my flight over the phone said I couldn't book a seat nor get a child booking for my son until 24 hours prior to departure. I am silver so we already have our seats selected (not sure how much this matter tho when booking with a young child) so wanted to make sure we are together with the middle seats.

Hopefully BA can resolve the issue but a little worrying a booking for a child can be cancelled like that with us being informed.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Thinking back I received this information for my sons booking last May (I wouldn't expect this to be cancelled if I did nothing) -

Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:01 am
Original Poster

I'm just glad I'm one of them sad people that check my bookings every so often.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
I'm just glad I'm one of them sad people that check my bookings every so often.
I check my bookings for snafus (and POUGs) frequently and religiously. I figure it's better to be sad at home, than mad at the airport.
wrp96 and thecoogan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.