BA223 to Nashville on Sunday 19 with F seats

Old Jan 14, 20, 2:44 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott GFL, Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond,
Posts: 922
BA223 to Nashville on Sunday 19 with F seats

All F seats (sold as CW) are already taken for this flight. Is that because they were not blocked for Gold, there are lots of Gold on this flight, or they are not open for selecting for some other reason?
mjack99 is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:54 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 15,456
First will not be used and they will all be kicked out.
Can I help you is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:57 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Somewhere around Europe...
Programs: BA Gold; SPG Plat; HH Diamond; IHG Spire; RR Concierge
Posts: 479
Originally Posted by mjack99 View Post
All F seats (sold as CW) are already taken for this flight. Is that because they were not blocked for Gold, there are lots of Gold on this flight, or they are not open for selecting for some other reason?
The F seats are in fact blocked, not occupied. As far as I recall BA will keep the F cabin closed until the loads demand it, or T-72.
dakaix is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:01 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott GFL, Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond,
Posts: 922
Thank you.
mjack99 is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 8:58 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott GFL, Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond,
Posts: 922
And indeed they just freed up. Had an alert in Expertflyer so was the first to grab one of them :-)

Seatguru is still showing it as 3 class but I guess it doesn't update so regularly: https://seatguru.com/airlines/Britis...htno=223&date=
mjack99 is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:08 am
  #6  
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Alicante. Spain
Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Posts: 15,366
Originally Posted by mjack99 View Post
And indeed they just freed up. Had an alert in Expertflyer so was the first to grab one of them :-)

Seatguru is still showing it as 3 class but I guess it doesn't update so regularly: https://seatguru.com/airlines/Britis...htno=223&date=
Beware. Unless they man the F cabin - which is doubtful everyone will be turned out.
PUCCI GALORE is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:09 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott GFL, Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond,
Posts: 922
Ah ok that doesn't sound good. And I will only know that when I check in?
mjack99 is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:11 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Posts: 23,955
Nashville you say? I wouldn't order the chicken curry, if you know what I mean.
LondonElite is online now  
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:12 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: München, Germany
Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 5,654
Flight availability is

J9 C9 W9 G9

So it seems that economy is lightly loaded, premium is full or close to it, and there is ample space to accommodate everyone.

Those numbers may be misleading but they're the best publicly available information; I wouldn't be downloading my boarding pass after check-in, just in case, but I'd be reluctant to give up a good seat in the business cabin in the hope of being able to retain a move forward.
Cymro is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:15 am
  #10  
Moderator: Qatar Airways
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LHR/NCE/DOH
Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Posts: 7,651
I have a similar situation for my flight back from PIT next week.

Shows all 9s for CW and WTP, but I'm not going to move to F unless there's a sudden rush of tickets!

M
Cymro likes this.
msm2000uk is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:19 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: München, Germany
Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 5,654
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
I have a similar situation for my flight back from PIT next week.

Shows all 9s for CW and WTP, but I'm not going to move to F unless there's a sudden rush of tickets!

M
Might be tempted if economy is Y2 B1 or similar because that means that a decent proportion of the WTP cabin is getting an op-up, irrespective of status. But at that point passengers will usually have graduated to buying cheaper WTP.
Cymro is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:30 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 2,077
Is BNA not a four-class route year round?
gustavmahler is online now  
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:31 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Posts: 608
Originally Posted by mjack99 View Post
Ah ok that doesn't sound good. And I will only know that when I check in?
Danger is you end up shoved back Into a CW seat that isn't your choice. Calculated risk, personally, based on the nunber and the info others have provided I think I'd stick with my preferred CW seat for now.
tuonopepper is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 10:30 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott GFL, Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond,
Posts: 922
Thanks everyone. I moved myself back to CW.
mjack99 is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 10:52 am
  #15  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 41,636
Originally Posted by gustavmahler View Post
Is BNA not a four-class route year round?
It was never planned or intended to be a First route. But because it went into positive numbers in record time it will offer First during summer months only (June to October or thereabouts). I wouldn't assume it will necessarily continue, the success is a bit of nuisance, talking to one high-up in BA: it was earmarked for 3 class 350, but even the cargo is doing so well that they were mulling about 777 or 747 options. It is switching the 787-10 later on this year. Not sure if BNA is 747 enabled, but still the route's success is interesting.

Separately, BA are running very thin on 787-8s at the moment, so 787-9 are covering a lot of routes.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: