New JER lounge?

Old Jan 14, 20, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
New JER lounge?

Some quite thorough details on the redevelopment of JER are starting to emerge on the airport website (https://www.jerseyairport.com/future...atestnews.aspx).

It looks like a new lounge is part of the plans - the existing lounge will likely form part of the arrivals area once arrivals and departures are segregated. (https://www.jerseyairport.com/future...ges/QandA.aspx)

"Q. Will you introduce any VIP lounges or just the existing BA Executive Airline Lounge? If so, where will they be located?
A. We are currently looking at the opportunities available to us. There remains a positive demand from customers and airlines for VIP lounges, so this type of facility has been included in the final design plans."

They have a 3D model of the new second floor which seems to show a lounge at 2 mins 30 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBAE...I#action=share)

There's also a suggestion that they might look at fast track security in the future.
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Honors Diamond
I think this hints at a general paid lounge for all airlines rather than something BA branded. Makes some sense I would think if they can get the capacity right, given the current lounge isnít operated by BA IIRC.
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Just as long as it doesn't screw up the B2B too much.
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by lcylocal View Post
I think this hints at a general paid lounge for all airlines rather than something BA branded. Makes some sense I would think if they can get the capacity right, given the current lounge isnít operated by BA IIRC.
from what I understand from friends who work at the airport, there will be a BA lounge.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
JER is one of the few airports where I canít see fast track security making any difference - always dead quiet whatever time of day Iíve been through.

The BA lounge on the other hand is always busy before the departure of any BA flight. Reflects lots of status passengers and CE flyers. I canít imagine a single airport contract lounge being able to cope.

Jersey have always looked after the BA lounge, providing a decent alternative during the last refurbishment, when many airport would have just given a voucher.
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FrancisA View Post
JER is one of the few airports where I canít see fast track security making any difference - always dead quiet whatever time of day Iíve been through.

The BA lounge on the other hand is always busy before the departure of any BA flight. Reflects lots of status passengers and CE flyers. I canít imagine a single airport contract lounge being able to cope.

Jersey have always looked after the BA lounge, providing a decent alternative during the last refurbishment, when many airport would have just given a voucher.
Itís essentially a contract lounge already- allows PP, LoungeClub etc and the (lovely) staff arenít BA employees despite the uniform.
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Never Stansted View Post
Itís essentially a contract lounge already- allows PP, LoungeClub etc and the (lovely) staff arenít BA employees despite the uniform.
Is that not because there isnít space to put in another lounge, whereas if your designing you would out a BA lounge and a speedster paid for lounge?

Last edited by navylad; Jan 14, 20 at 3:18 pm
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad View Post
mid that not because there isnít space to put in another lounge, whereas if your designing you would out a BA lounge and a speedster paid for lounge?
Long time since there has been a BA ground presence at JER - not sure but I think it was an active BA decision to hand over the management to a third party. 5 LGWs a day (albeit status-heavy) probably isnít quite enough to justify a purely BA lounge.

I think Blue Islands oddly had their own lounge somewhere else in the current terminal at some point. It was in an old PP guide and I went looking for it but found it had long gone.
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
The JER lounge hasn't been BA operated for some years now.
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Never Stansted View Post
I think Blue Islands oddly had their own lounge somewhere else in the current terminal at some point. It was in an old PP guide and I went looking for it but found it had long gone.
It was at the very end of the concourse by gate 7/8. It wasn't guarded but did have little snacks and coffee and such. Certainly nothing to get excited about but a nice feature given it was open to all of their passengers.
Never Stansted likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 6:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I wonder if/when they refresh the BA lounge they will remove the leaflet that’s 9 or 10 years old on the shelves informing Golds they can no longer use the lounge when flying another airline, ��.♂️
Old Jan 14, 20, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn View Post
I wonder if/when they refresh the BA lounge they will remove the leaflet thatís 9 or 10 years old on the shelves informing Golds they can no longer use the lounge when flying another airline, ��.♂️
never!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: