FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   What's going on at London City? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2004348-whats-going-london-city.html)

Fabo.sk Jan 14, 2020 11:53 am

What's going on at London City?

Good evening,

I'm sitting at City airport, and BA Cityflyer has cancelled over half of their flights, rest are mostly delayed. Everyone else seems to be flying normally.

What is going on? Is BA having operational difficulties? Is this something we should consider when traveling to London?

Luckily, I'm on KLM today, but other colleagues often choose BA as it fits. One of them was actually heavily delayed yesterday...

Ldnn1 Jan 14, 2020 12:06 pm

There have been delays and cancellations on KL and other airlines into/out of LCY today too. The weather is extremely gusty in London so I imagine that is affecting traffic. BA Cityflyer is of course based at LCY so likely more affected as a whole compared to those based elsewhere.

hearingdouble Jan 14, 2020 12:12 pm

I landed at LCY about an hour ago and can confirm that they are less than ideal flying conditions. One of the hairier landings I’ve experienced.

The pilot got a massive cheer when we touched down and the landing announcement was: “Ladies and gentlemen, believe it or not we have landed at London City Airport...”

Must take huge skill to land a small plane like an Embraer in conditions like that.

fransknorge Jan 14, 2020 12:30 pm

TAF
TAF EGLC 141705Z 1418/1421 21020G32KT 9999 BKN020 TEMPO 1418/1421 6000 -RA BKN014 PROB40 TEMPO 1418/1421 4000 RA BKN009 PROB40 TEMPO 1418/1421 20028G43KT
Very windy and gusty, with some crosswind component. Citfyflyer have à base there so are more affected by delays.

dddc Jan 14, 2020 1:09 pm

My neighbour was due to land at City this afternoon. Ended up diverted to Southend. Train journey home from there is nearly as long as the flight! :D

alex67500 Jan 14, 2020 1:17 pm

Yes I can confirm, the wind conditions at canary wharf yesterday and today must have made for some bumpy landings. In fact there's a thread from last night about a diversion of an EDI-LCY which circled twice before landing at MAN.

sondra_finchley Jan 14, 2020 1:34 pm

I live right under the final approach for City and there were times today when it was gusting and I could hear a plane coming in - I was thankful to be on the ground for once. They must have been getting one hell of a ride up there - low clouds, mist and variable gusts.

EJetter Jan 14, 2020 3:30 pm

I can confirm that it was extremely windy at LCY last night. We landed successfully from FRA but the aircraft before and after us went around. On the ground, the rain was horizontal!

Last night and today there have been various diversions (MAN, BHX, SEN, EMA) leaving aircraft out of position. Crews have either been left out of position, or facing long taxi rides back to base and out of hours. LH and LC cancelled all their LCY flights, and KL some of theirs too.