One passenger no show

Old Jan 14, 20, 11:59 am
Original Poster

One passenger no show

What would happen if I had a BA Holidays booking for 2 people, flights & hotel (fully paid) but at the last minute one person didn’t turn up?

Could the person who did show just continue as normal on their own?
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
AFAIK, it will be absolutely fine. Whose name is the hotel vouch under?
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ringingup View Post
AFAIK, it will be absolutely fine. Whose name is the hotel vouch under?
Mine!
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
Mine!
I don't see any problem then.
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club, SPG
Originally Posted by ringingup View Post
I don't see any problem then.
Assuming the OP isn't the no-show... that wasn't actually established!
alvinlwh likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Magic01273 View Post
Assuming the OP isn't the no-show... that wasn't actually established!
yes, you’re right! I should’ve asked!
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Sounds like a break-up.
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Im not the no show.....

And yes it is a breakup. After countless times ignoring & forgiving & trying to move on, I can’t continue in a relationship with an alcoholic. And as fate would have it, the latest meltdown comes less than a week before a €6k holiday to New Orleans. Can’t see the insurance company accepting “break up due to alcoholism” as a reason for a refund though so contemplating going myself or just writing it off.
deeruck likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Im not the no show.....

And yes it is a breakup. After countless times ignoring & forgiving & trying to move on, I can’t continue in a relationship with an alcoholic. And as fate would have it, the latest meltdown comes less than a week before a €6k holiday to New Orleans. Can’t see the insurance company accepting “break up due to alcoholism” as a reason for a refund though so contemplating going myself or just writing it off.
Call BA. And explain the Situation.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:55 pm

I am very sorry for the painful experiences you have been having. I vote for go yourself. Go an enjoy yourself and make it the start of the new direction you are heading.
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Good for you for making a bold decision. I would strongly advise you to still go on the trip. It will be good for your headspace.

Before business travel, I was irrationally subconscious of people looking at me (the "solo" traveler); but now, it is second nature and you realize that no one is paying attention to who you are not with.
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:06 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Im not the no show.....

As it is a BA Holiday you could call up and get some options if you explain they are normally very good.

Another thing as it is a BA Holiday you should be able to pay "A fee" and change the name on the other ticket. This is unique to Holiday bookings AFAIK and might mean you can take someone else.
Lefly likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:07 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC Silver
I am so sorry to hear this. Well done you for finally making a positive move for you.

As for your holiday predicament I would call BA holidays and explain the situation. Be aware of clause 7.3 though.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions

7.3. If an individual wishes to cancel from a booking, but not the entire party, the charges for this individual cancellation will be calculated on the basis of individual cancellation fees applicable to the particular component being cancelled (if any) or otherwise an amendment fee will apply. The applicable fees will be advised at the time of requesting the amendment (see Clause 7.6).

hope you decide to continue with the holiday and have a great time.
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by AJA_ View Post
I am so sorry to hear this. Well done you for finally making a positive move for you.

As for your holiday predicament I would call BA holidays and explain the situation. Be aware of clause 7.3 though.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions

7.3. If an individual wishes to cancel from a booking, but not the entire party, the charges for this individual cancellation will be calculated on the basis of individual cancellation fees applicable to the particular component being cancelled (if any) or otherwise an amendment fee will apply. The applicable fees will be advised at the time of requesting the amendment (see Clause 7.6).

hope you decide to continue with the holiday and have a great time.
Not a good situation but at least you are out of it, only thing I can thing of being wary off would be any single room supplement but you'd hope as you e already forked out for 2 people it wouldn't be an issue.

Have a fab break.
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Happened on a group trip we'd planned to Fiji. Two people were having an affair. Their spouses went om the holiday and left the 2 cheaters at home

Search this Thread
Search Engine: