Search

Booking two classes on same reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Booking two classes on same reservation

Good Afternoon,

I am wondering if it is possible to book two different classes under the same booking. My Wife and I are both gold card holders whom are planning to fly in Club World, the children we will fly in Premium Economy.

Is there a way to book so we are all on the same booking? This will enable my statusless children to have access to group 1 boarding, seat selection, and a more generous baggage allowance.

Don't worry, they are 18 and 16 so they're old enough to be alone in Premium Economy without causing disruption to passengers. Your advice is most appreciated.

Many thanks,
Charles
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:31 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Welcome to FT CharlesWindsorClive1964,

No, that's not possible, sorry. All passengers on the same reservation must travel in the same cabin.

Since you are both Gold card holders you could do it as 2 bookings, as follows:

You + 1 child in Premium Economy
Wife + 1 child in Club World

Once onboard, and ideally with permission of the SCCM, you then swap into CW and the child moves back to Premium Econ.....

That would give you a Gold member on each booking, and thus extension of status to all 4 passengers.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Welcome to FT CharlesWindsorClive1964,

No, that's not possible, sorry. All passengers on the same reservation must travel in the same cabin.

Since you are both Gold card holders you could do it as 2 bookings, as follows:

You + 1 child in Premium Economy
Wife + 1 child in Club World

Once onboard, and ideally with permission of the SCCM, you then swap into CW and the child moves back to Premium Econ.....

That would give you a Gold member on each booking, and thus extension of status to all 4 passengers.
Thank you for the response, BertieBadger.

Yes, we thought about doing that but then one of us would have to give up the tier points. It isn't a major problem, but I thought it would be worth checking with you experts!

I suppose the boys will make do with whatever seats they're given!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Of course, if you subsequently upgrade the boys with avios, you can then link the bookings and get seat selection in the same cabin as the gold card holder(s).
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:02 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by CharlesWindsorClive1964
Yes, we thought about doing that but then one of us would have to give up the tier points. It isn't a major problem, but I thought it would be worth checking with you experts!
Yes, that would be a downside of the way I suggested. Unfortunately, there just isn't any way to have a single booking with mixed classes. You can't even have a booking in the same cabin but with different ticket types (e.g one fully flex, one not)

As you maybe know Gold card holders are allowed to request seat selections for passengers on other bookings but only if those passengers are travelling in the same cabin, which doesn't help you here (unless you followed Cymro's suggestion of using Avios to upgrade the boys into CW, I'm sure they would not complain about that! Of course that's obviously subject to availability and extra "taxes", i.e. fees)
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CharlesWindsorClive1964
It's classic hierarchy of needs this, so if TPs are at the top, and bearing in mind extra baggage can be paid for, then this tends to two bookings. I would get a note added to the bookings cross referencing the other booking, just on the off chance it makes a difference (99% of times it won't) but it may help a small bit if there are irrops.

Welcome to Flyertalk CharlesWindsorClive1964, welcome to the BA board.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:54 am

Put the kids in basic economy and let them build character! The current generation has gotten soft on premium economy.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mctaste
Put the kids in basic economy and let them build character! The current generation has gotten soft on premium economy.
Although to be fair, PE today is the former Y of days past.
alex67500 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.