Rewards flights availability

Old Jan 13, 20, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Rewards flights availability

Hi all, need advice about reward flights.

Trying to book LHR-MIA-LHR return for xmas period (24/12-02/01/2021), and failing to get a return flight.

There's no MIA-LHR availability showing for 30/12-02/01 at all. This night was checking availability every 5 minutes for 02/01/2021 flights, from 11pm till 2am - I assumed they were supposed to be open UK Midnight? No availability at all till 2am nostop checking. Can't believe 18 seats were gone in 1 minute? Unless I don't get something?
Old Jan 13, 20, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by oruvin View Post
Hi all, need advice about reward flights.

Trying to book LHR-MIA-LHR return for xmas period (24/12-02/01/2021), and failing to get a return flight.

There's no MIA-LHR availability showing for 30/12-02/01 at all. This night was checking availability every 5 minutes for 02/01/2021 flights, from 11pm till 2am - I assumed they were supposed to be open UK Midnight? No availability at all till 2am nostop checking. Can't believe 18 seats were gone in 1 minute? Unless I don't get something?
Popular Flights go quick. Try other Florida based airports - always better availability outside MIA
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunshinebob View Post
Popular Flights go quick. Try other Florida based airports - always better availability outside MIA
Tried Orlando, Tampa - nothing
I guess will have to book AA domestic MIA-NYC/BOS/PHL and then back to LHR.
How's usually rewards availability for AA domestic for the festive period, and which city would be a better choice?
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:32 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Set up an alert on rewardflightfinder or seatspy - they can open up.

I was looking for LHR to MIA last summer for 4 seats and only 2 were available when they were released - 2 weeks later 4 were so it does happen. I had booked LHR to JFK but changed it when booking adding the return.
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
2 Business class and (I think) 4 Y seats on each flight are loaded at 1min past midnight GMT each night - so you have to be on the button, I was lucky enough to get what I wanted for DXB-ABZ by being ready and online right at that point.

Last edited by redpalmetto; Jan 14, 20 at 9:17 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
With 11+ months to go and very high fees of around 700 each, book the non direct JFK / ATL / BOS etc and you can always cancel for only 35 each. Without doubt there will be some cracking exEU deals for around 1,000 (maybe not MIA but perhaps MCO or TPA) and you can grab one of these. There may even be Xmas fares for around 1,000 cash from London if there's a great deal later in the year

Search this Thread
Search Engine: