Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seatbelt information in new club suite questions

Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:28 am
Original Poster

My friend is looking to book a flight to YYZ in April and/or June.
He currently uses a seatbelt extender in Club World cabins and is looking for information about the seatbelts in the new Club Suites.

How large are they? Do they have available extenders? What would happen if he couldnt get the seatbelt buckled and no extenders were available?

I told him Id post here and ask. Thank you for any information.

just to add he emailed BA to ask, but their response time is not always the best.

Last edited by expateacher; Jan 13, 2020 at 11:30 am Reason: More information
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Paging MFCC who’s active on the other A350 threads...
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And in the meantime, this thread has quite a few photos. The seat belt also has a shoulder component, just for take off and landing, not for inflight turbulence.

Flying BAs Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more
Old Jan 13, 2020, 2:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I know for a fact extenders are compatible and available. When I flew in the Club World Suite for the first time, my seatbelt had an extender fitted when I arrived. I couldn’t fathom how to buckle up what with all the straps, I needed the crew to help me out. When the extender was removed i was finally able to figure out how to fit the shoulder restraint.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:00 pm

As Prospero says, seat belt extensions are available as they are with any other seat.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:05 pm

Confirming others, passenger in front of me used one, flight attendant assisted in getting it set up. Seemed easy and crew was very helpful to the passenger.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the information! So quickly as well!

My friend is relieved and I once again can say FlyerTalk came to an (almost) immediate rescue!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.