GUF Question: Booking Sale W Fare

Old Jan 13, 20, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT), CX MarcoPolo (GO), Aeroplan, VIPorter, HHonors Silver
GUF Question: Booking Sale W Fare

I have a GUF2 I want to use to upgrade WT+ to J. When I rang BA they said the WT+ plus fare that was available wasn't eligible as it was a discounted sale fare. Is this correct? I class is available in Club World. They wanted me to book a "standard" T class fare which was. literally, double the price. Instead of £735 they wanted £1400 per person!

Dates are 22/05/2020 LHR-HKG - returning 28/05/2020

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 13, 20, 2:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Hang up and call again.
orbitmic, KARFA, Lefly and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Book the W fare on BA.com and then call to add the GUF2. If for some reason it goes wrong / availability in I disappears - you've got 24 hours cooling off.

Excellent main thread for all things GUF BA Gold Upgrade Voucher Discussion and Wiki Thread
KARFA, Lefly, Cymro and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT), CX MarcoPolo (GO), Aeroplan, VIPorter, HHonors Silver
Thanks both. I followed your advice - booked and called again. It is now booked and confirmed at the sale price. A Good deal for a HKG.
Cymro, Lefly and Geordie405 like this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Book the W fare on BA.com and then call to add the GUF2. If for some reason it goes wrong / availability in I disappears - you've got 24 hours cooling off.

Excellent main thread for all things GUF BA Gold Upgrade Voucher Discussion and Wiki Thread
Or the even cheaper T fare!
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:23 am

Programs: executive gold , KLM ivory ,Ezplus
I booked to day J in tje i fair bucket GLA / BGI. but was told I could only use GUF 2 to up grafe ito F. If there was "A"
seat availabilit in F , the agent checked with the supervisor and comfirmed this , does any one know if they were correct.
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 47Aitken View Post
I booked to day J in tje i fair bucket GLA / BGI. but was told I could only use GUF 2 to up grafe ito F. If there was "A"
seat availabilit in F , the agent checked with the supervisor and comfirmed this , does any one know if they were correct.
Yes that is correct. You need A selling class availability. This is better than before - previously you needed reward availability but this changed last year.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Well I've learned something today - I thought (mistakenly) that GUF stood for Gold Upgrade to First - not that I'll ever be affected by this of course!
Old Jan 13, 20, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
You need A selling class availability. This is better than before - previously you needed reward availability but this changed last year.
Am I right in thinking that, in the unlikely event that BA will take a reward reservation but A-bucket is sold out, you can still use the GUF?
Old Jan 13, 20, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
Am I right in thinking that, in the unlikely event that BA will take a reward reservation but A-bucket is sold out, you can still use the GUF?
Yes - if there's Z Class you can use your GUF
Cymro and KARFA like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: