Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A350 -1000 in ba config can only store one meal service [rumour]

Old Jan 12, 20, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lowly blue, sometimes Bronze

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/sil...ys-airbus-a350

God save the points report that the ba A350 -1000 has been densified to such and extent that there is barely room for one meal service to be stored let alone 2.

It is being deployed on London Tokyo and their wise words are of flying down to back pack a few bags of Crisps !
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jeremyBA View Post
It is being deployed on London Tokyo and their wise words are of flying down to back pack a few bags of Crisps !
it's been withdrawn for tokyo already

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rom-july-2020/
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:31 pm

I donít think this is actually true. I believe BLR has always been 2x hot services, and it still is on the A350.
navylad likes this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lowly blue, sometimes Bronze
They were specific it was the -1000 model - but I donít know enough about the different models to comment.

odd to order a long haul aircraft with only short haul catering possibility
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:49 pm

Programs: BAEC: Gold, Hilton Honors: Diamond
A bit like ordering aircraft over the years with various combinations of Flight Crew/Cabin Crew bunks missing...
alexwuk, flygirl68, YacozA and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:50 pm

They were specific it was the -1000 model - but I don’t know enough about the different models to comment.

BA operates only the A350-1000. There's enough galley space to operate long range flights with 2 hot services. Bangalore (as an example), currently operated on the 350, has the exact same catering proposition for passengers as it always has had when operated by other aircraft types. The article isn't true.
Old Jan 12, 20, 5:04 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by MFCC View Post
BA operates only the A350-1000. There's enough galley space to operate long range flights with 2 hot services. Bangalore (as an example), currently operated on the 350, has the exact same catering proposition for passengers as it always has had when operated by other aircraft types. The article isn't true.
A blogger making things up? Never
Old Jan 12, 20, 5:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The article has the hallmark of being Galley FM led. Which is fine on one level, I've done the same in this forum a few times, but a dash of salt is always worthwhile. I was told (admittedly in the context of CW only) by the project lead that there is storage for 2 meals for CW and crew. The galley is definitely cramped and needs new ways of working, but no aircraft has huge space in this area. On Toronto I was given the usual catering in both directions (which is 2 meals though the second won't take much space), my other longhaul on it - Dubai - is one meal.

There are photos of the galley area in the main A350 thread.
Old Jan 12, 20, 5:38 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Sadly, this appears to be your typical blogger rush to write a post to fill the space without actually verifying facts, evidence by un-cited references. The site sometimes has some useful insight and does use FT as a refeence for cheap deals etc, but ultimately it is a fancy website of a blogger and his girlfriend. Ott describes himself as one of the "world's leading travel experts", I'm assuming doesn't have any significant references such as awards and searching google news would suggest otherwise. As suggested, taking a pinch of salt with such stories is always healthy.

offshore_bob and revorgap like this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Seems like BA responded to him and denied everything he said in his article. I guess he didn't like being called a liar. He even labelled his tweet as "Big Mistake".
revorgap likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:09 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by SonicStar817 View Post
Seems like BA responded to him and denied everything he said in his article. I guess he didn't like being called a liar. He even labelled his tweet as "Big Mistake".
Perhaps context was lost on you. I was noting their response as a mistake, and laid out point for point why it was, adding more tangible evidence of the problem. Lovely to hear anonymous internet opinions of "my girlfriend" and I though, as always FTers.

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/her...rticle-whoops/

Last edited by godsavethepoints; Jan 13, 20 at 11:20 am
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by godsavethepoints View Post
Perhaps context was lost on you.
Nope, I understood it perfectly.
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:19 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by SonicStar817 View Post
Nope, I understood it perfectly.
I'm the butt of this joke sadly. Misread your message. Posted with apologies.
SonicStar817 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints View Post
Perhaps context was lost on you. I was noting their response as a mistake, and laid out point for point why it was, adding more tangible evidence of the problem. Lovely to hear anonymous internet opinions of "my girlfriend" and I though, as always FTers.

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/her...rticle-whoops/
Just a quick correction to this article. From looking at the relevant galley plans, ice cream, tuck boxes and the full Club Kitchen offering remains available on the BLR route, so you wonít have to go without. Iím not sure what other items you imply have been removed but as I mentioned earlier the offering to the customer is the exact same as it has always been.
The reason BLR is currently the only long range route on the 350 is I think due to the fact we only have 4 frames. Expect long range routes to increase in S20 & W20/21. I wouldnít read too much into Tokyo being removed. I believe the 350 was temporarily planned to provide increased capacity for the Olympics and was never intended to be a long term move at this stage.
Granted, itís a new aircraft type and this comes with challenges but storage space hasnít been one of them.

Last edited by MFCC; Jan 13, 20 at 12:00 pm
Old Jan 13, 20, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Maybe we could persuade GStP to do a few flights on the A350 and tell us what is actually served? I'm almost certain I got an illicit ice cream to Toronto. You don't get them inbound to London, unfortunately.
MFCC and revorgap like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: