Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A350 -1000 in ba config can only store one meal service [rumour]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 -1000 in ba config can only store one meal service [rumour]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: ba exec club
Not sure why the mystery but yes... the 350 cannot cater for a full double service due to galley limitations; mainly because of the inclusion of club kitchen. Rather than a second galley.

Confirmed by a BA pilot.
godsavethepoints likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
From the article.

[QUOTE]
Why? Because Bangalore, as of roughly three days ago, is the only double hot meal service the A350 currently flies to, and the airline just had to remove ice cream and other standard items to make room for the second meal. I don’t know about you, but I f**king love ice cream. Is it adequate if something needs to be removed?
/QUOTE]

Flown the BA119 (LHR-BLR) many times. Don't recall ice cream being served.
On the return (BA118) that used to be a two-plus "meal" flight in Y (hot breakfast, snack box, hot lunch). Last couple of times in Y on the 777 the snack box has varied a bit, but I think that was more related to service "enhancements" at various times.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by ABJ92
Not sure why the mystery but yes... the 350 cannot cater for a full double service due to galley limitations; mainly because of the inclusion of club kitchen. Rather than a second galley.

Confirmed by a BA pilot.
Remind me when the BA pilot last worked in the cabin?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: CK or bust
The most importantly takeaway here is that whether it be one or two hot meal services on A350 frames, the meal service will be equally long and drawn-out
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I think we're in the process of watching an actual urban myth forming.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by ABJ92

Confirmed by a BA pilot.
I don't mean this as an insult to our pilot colleagues, but most of them don't know how to use a hot beverage maker let alone the catering schedule. They really aren't the best reference for cabin service.
Bellerophon, esledo and MFCC like this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Maybe we could persuade GStP to do a few flights on the A350 and tell us what is actually served? I'm almost certain I got an illicit ice cream to Toronto. You don't get them inbound to London, unfortunately.
Cathay Pacific manages to serve ice-cream in Y from and to its base in Honkers. Two hot meals served enroute per sector to/from Australia. And my last trip with them was A350's all the way. 4 of them. 2 hot meals per sector. 8 hot meals in total. 4 lots of ice cream served. HKG-BNE sector is around 1 hour less than LHR-BLR. My food pics are on Airlinemeals.net if you want to see quantity (and quality!) of each, but the 2nd meal service only lacks the salad usually, but more often it's made up with yoghurt and fruit for the breakfast run.

Just saying.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:17 pm

Who cares here about bloggers....

They make mistakes but it's hard for them to admit it...
Quark999, esledo, bisonrav and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by MFCC
Just a quick correction to this article. From looking at the relevant galley plans, ice cream, tuck boxes and the full Club Kitchen offering remains available on the BLR route, so you won’t have to go without. I’m not sure what other items you imply have been removed but as I mentioned earlier the offering to the customer is the exact same as it has always been.
The reason BLR is currently the only long range route on the 350 is I think due to the fact we only have 4 frames. Expect long range routes to increase in S20 & W20/21. I wouldn’t read too much into Tokyo being removed. I believe the 350 was temporarily planned to provide increased capacity for the Olympics and was never intended to be a long term move at this stage.
Granted, it’s a new aircraft type and this comes with challenges but storage space hasn’t been one of them.
If "looking at" the plans of anything were the deciding factor rather than in person experience, the world would be more upside down than it is now. Let's start with... Tinder, that's a decent example. Anyone can look at "plans" for a plane and say "yeah, it's tight but it will work", it's another thing to adequately stow, serve and maintain standards.

If you believe that's happening on the 350K as currently configured, I have an amazing time share for you...
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
If "looking at" the plans of anything were the deciding factor rather than in person experience, the world would be more upside down than it is now. Let's start with... Tinder, that's a decent example. Anyone can look at "plans" for a plane and say "yeah, it's tight but it will work", it's another thing to adequately stow, serve and maintain standards.

If you believe that's happening on the 350K as currently configured, I have an amazing time share for you...
I work on the bloody thing �� and manage to adequately stow, serve and maintain those standards. Magic.
You can find Ice Creams in 658A. Oven racks full of main courses for the second hot meal in CW are in 210A and 211B with the hot bread for this service in 211A. In WT, the hot meals for the second service are stowed in 627A, 501A and 501B.

Last edited by MFCC; Jan 13, 2020 at 12:37 pm
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by MFCC
I work on the bloody thing �� and manage to adequately stow, serve and maintain those standards. Magic.
And you've done this on Bangalore specifically?
flylikelinz likes this.

Last edited by godsavethepoints; Jan 13, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
And you've done this on Bangalore specifically? The other routes are irrelevant for the issue at hand, other than Tokyo of course, which...
Why is Toronto not relevant? It's a 2 meal service in both directions in all cabins.
AJLondon and alanjhett like this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
And that, dearly beloved, is the sound of a travel blogger digging in and doubling down.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I never read these Blogs, and now I know why.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

It is no secret that the trend is towards maximising cabin areas and installing compact galleys, it’s quite apparent when you compare the current line up of 777 configs - see the wiki belonging to the Seating guide: Boeing 777 thread for example.

But... if BA is getting the new compact galleys to work then you’ll hear no complaints from me although working crews may have a different take on this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.