Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice flights to MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Advice flights to MCO

Looking for a bit if advice from you seasoned teavellers please.

looking for fly/drive 3 adults, with Chevy suburban or equivalent.

original dates 28th Nov 20 to 12 Dec 20.

looking at prices, DUB-LGW-MCO looks on BA (small amount of Aer Lingus code share currently available due to Aer Lingus not yet scheduling for my return flights, nor American) to be roughly the same
LGW-MCO £7,367, around £2,455 pp
DUB-LGW-MCO 8,683 Euros (Roughly £7,393)
but, if I change the return to 13th, the price stays the same for LGW-MCO, but DUB-LGW-MCO reduces to 5,498 euriis, (Approx. £4,681, or £1,559 pp.)
I woukd need three single dares from BHX to DUB the night before around £300 and am looking to split my return between LGW and LHR to collect cases at LGW and return home by train.
both options would require a hotel the night before, either at Gatwick or Dublin and, because we have a villa booked to 12th, possibly a hotel for the final day/night.

now tge experts at FT,do you think I can get a cheaper price by waiting for Aer Lingus and American flighrs to be available, or us the £4,681 as goid as I can get?

many thanks for your suggestions

(by the way Virgin wants £11,000 for tge same dates!)
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: baec, HHonours
Hi AlanA
Are these prices for CW

ss
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Have you considered Tampa (TPA) ? MUCH better airport experience IMHO, and only 60 mins up the I4 to Kissimmee area. We fly to TPA, but in fairness we hit the beaches for a few days before going up to Kissimmee. You may get different prices from there.
If picking up an Avis car, be sure to join Avis Preferred to avoid an awful wait in the main terminal (MCO or TPA) to get your car, and the upselling nonsense, go straight to the garage and take your car.
Cymro likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by solwayspeedbird
Hi AlanA
Are these prices for CW

ss
Yes, all flighrs but DUB-LGW which is Aer Lingus economy
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
There’s no need to lock this in 11 months away. I would be gobsmacked if you couldn’t get an £1,000-1,200 fare in club over the next four or five months from somewhere exEU. This time last year there was GVA-USA from £1,000 and a short while later CDG-USA £1,000 to name just a couple of the good silent deals / alliance matches... Sit tight and wait for a great deal.
AlanA likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I priced your dates at €5724 in J (I can't see the LHR-DUB on Aer Lingus). I did exactly this trip in the summer ex-DUB, it was best for me to fly into TPA and out of MCO. Unfortunately you don't have the same level of ex-EU options going to TPA or MCO as both use LGW (unless you want to change airports in London).

Agree with @chris1922Mk2 about Avis Preferred - collection at both MCO and TPA is a nightmare without it.

Hiring a Chevy suburban would probably cost £1,000 for 15 nights so deduct this from your price and you are talking ex-DUB returns to Florida for about £1,200 each which is pretty decent but not spectacular.
AlanA and chris1922Mk2 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Have you considered the nonstop on Aer Lingus from DUB-MCO? I’d wait at least until you can check the r/t price of that. Also if you’re willing to make a transfer LHR-MCO is often much cheaper in J than LGW-MCO.
AlanA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.