Wiki Posts
Search

Problem confirming 72-hour held booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH *S
Problem confirming 72-hour held booking

Anyone had issues trying to confirm a booking where they'd previously paid to hold the fare? I did this on Wednesday evening and tried to pay the fare today but MMB says it can't find the booking when I click through to pay. Called the Gold Line who were very helpful and took payment details etc. but said they were having a problem and couldn't get it to go through, still waiting for a confirmation several hours later. The held price expires around 11 pm this evening. Any additional advice or experiences (apart from trying the Gold Line again?) The booking is still showing in MMB along with the countdown ...
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Sounds like an IT glitch, which will doubtless be sorted in a few days. In a sense you shouldn't need to be too concerned, if you have passed your payment details on to BA - the whole set up is entirely contractural in scope and so you should feel you have a confirmed ticket. I can see they may redo the transaction after the 72 hour period but will do so based on the original terms, not on current pricing. Obviously take screen shots and notes of who you spoke to and when.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks, when queried they did say they'd remove the timeout and it just needed to wait for ticketing but the clock is still counting down in MMB; I'll try calling them again later and get some screenshots etc. as well.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'd just do the screenshots rather than calling again. Ticketing is done by priority order and may take several days.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
I reported this issue in the IT issues thread, it manifested across 2 different hold bookings, symptoms as you described w.r.t. the website.

The phone agents were able to process both, albeit their systems were slow by their own admission.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Ticketing takes some time

As a data point that might help you, I wouldn’t expect this ticketed within the next few hours.

I booked, then rang up to change a fare class from O to N last Saturday, for a flight at the end of April. Yesterday payment was taken and the booking ticketed, so, by that logic it’ll be six days.

Don’t worry :-) All will be fine!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

In the end I called again, seemed they were having issues with payments earlier, details taken again, all gone through and ticketed in less than 5 minutes!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Having the same problem a couple of months ago, 12 h before hold expire, I was promised an extension. Having given the GGL agent my on file CC security code, I wasn't that worried, but had to wait short of 3 days more for reservation to be ticketed.

The next day all my coming reservations again weren't to be found, back again in 30 h. The same thing appeared a couple of days ago, lasted short of 24 h.

The magnitude of BA IT problems does not really instill much confidence for the future, I'm afraid.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
I also had this issue last night with two nested bookings for a TP run. With less than 2hrs before expiry of the hold I attempted to pay, both on the app and the mobile site but kept hitting an error informing me they couldn't find my booking.

Was about to phone when I tried online again on my desktop and they went through and were ticketed some minutes later.
Old May 14, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
To resurrect an older thread, has anyone had success confirming a short haul hold booking?

For the second time in 3 months, I've made such a booking but every attempt to confirm it ends up with a spinning wheel of death on the website. (Or to be strictly accurate, line)

Multiple browsers and devices tried.

With the Gold line seemingly being able to answer in reasonable time again, I can confirm via that, just wondering if the IT failure is device related or BA.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Executive club
Dec 2023 and yet the issue remains

Its Dec 2023 and yet the very same issue with exact same symptoms exist. What a pathetic state of affairs by BA. Due to this, am losing an option to get a few quids back through the tracking sites like TopCashback. Additionally, i doubt whether the 10 quid paid for holding the booking will ever be reimbursed back, as the payment has to now happen via callcenter and not the link to complete the booking. BA is down the drains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.