Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day trip to BA F lounge at T5

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Folks, for those who wish to sensibly debate the effect of air travel on climate change, might I ask that it's done in our Carbon Conscious Travel forum?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carb...us-travel-769/

/mod
Thank you for linking to this, I had no idea this forum existed!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Never been to Norway. How expensive is Champagne there 😳
Around 80£ and upwards.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
Around 80£ and upwards.
and based on what I pay in Oslo for a beer that must be for a glass of shampers
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
and based on what I pay in Oslo for a beer that must be for a glass of shampers
Actually, a pint of beer you can get for around 10£ so it is not so bad as 15£. But as always, it depends where you go. How much is a pint of beer at Ritz Carlton in London?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
How much is a pint of beer at Ritz Carlton in London?
well there is no Ritz Carlton in London if that answers your question!

Of the advantage of travelling to cities rather than to lounges...
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic

Of the advantage of travelling to cities rather than to lounges...
Haha, sorry about that. I meant the Ritz. I been a lot to London last year but only in Paddington area

Ritz Carlton is in Singapore

I also actually travel to cities, but sometimes lounges are ok also.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
However there is a Ritz of course, where a pint in the Rivoli bar costs £17. I doubt that's a best-seller. A glass of Barons de Rothschild ‘Réserve Ritz’ Brut champagne is £21 (150ml).
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
However there is a Ritz of course, where a pint in the Rivoli bar costs £17. I doubt that's a best-seller. A glass of Barons de Rothschild ‘Réserve Ritz’ Brut champagne is £21 (150ml).
Thanks CWS So in comparison Norway seems like a cheap country to go out and drink
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Haha, sorry about that. I meant the Ritz.
i know I was just teasing you! Sorry it was cheap (unlike said pint!)
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
However there is a Ritz of course, where a pint in the Rivoli bar costs £17.
more like £17 and a few invisibly disapproving looks!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
In a forum where much focus is given to the food and beverages provided in lounges and on aircrafts, I think some posters here are unnecessary harsh commenting OP's plan to spend time with a friend traveling together, and quality time together in a lounge, eating and drinking champagne, and probably more.

Spending a day with a friend and then returning back to a country with higher cost level on eating out, and much higher taxation on alcoholic beverages, does not seem all that different from some of the DOs/Mini-DOs reported here, except for the number of travelers and for the fact that these guys don't plan to leave the airport. OK, each to his own.

To OP: Wishing you and your friend a nice daytrip - enjoy yourselves !

Last edited by onobond; Jan 11, 2020 at 3:49 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onobond
In a forum where much focus is given to the food and beverages provided in lounges and on aircrafts, I think some posters here are unnecessary harsh commenting OP's plan to spend time with a friend traveling together, and quality time together in a lounge, eating and drinking champagne, and probably more. Spending a day with a friend and then returning back to a country with higher cost level on eating out, and much higher taxation on alcoholic beverages, does not seem all that different from some of the DOs/Mini-DOs reported here, except for the number of travelers and for the fact that these guys don't plan to leave the airport. OK, each to his own.

To OP: Wishing you and your friend a nice daytrip - enjoy yourselves !
Thank you so much for the kind words I have been a member of this community for around 2 years now and I have always enjoyed the collective wisdom from many of the posters here. I visit this forum almost every day and really learn a lot. I guess maybe I spend too much time here, but my wife does not complain when she can join me on trips in C. Actually this year we are going to Singapore with the family. I will be flying in W with the children and my wife in F on an Avios upgrade from C

I really like flying and my friend is looking forward to the trip I am myself looking at a TP run in August to HNL or 2 trips to MIA to renew the BA gold card. My renewal period starts 8th of July and I do the requalification in July and August in order to maximize the period I can keep the gold card
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I say - do whatever you like, some people here do even longer TP runs, and Greta can wait
NoY and TravelManBiz like this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
... My renewal period starts 8th of July and I do the requalification in July and August in order to maximize the period I can keep the gold card
Just so you do not fall foul of the BAEC rules, your collection year begins on the 9th July - any TPs for travel taken on 8 July will be credited to the year ending that day and will (effectively) be lost.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Just so you do not fall foul of the BAEC rules, your collection year begins on the 9th July - any TPs for travel taken on 8 July will be credited to the year ending that day and will (effectively) be lost.
Thanks for the reminder Yeah, I know and I will be in Singapore most of July with the family. So I am planning the TP runs in end July or August. My Gold status will finish in end of August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.