Question re Tier Points

Old Jan 10, 20, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Question re Tier Points

Hi

I'm sure someone will be able to answer, or point me in the right direction?

Almost all my BA flights are reward redemptions, so as a result, I have no status, BA Blue with Zero tier points.

However, looks like I'm going to purchase a return flight, which would be earn 430 tier points, & take me to Bronze (Proposed flight are in July 2020), my year ends 8th Sept 2020, so my question is, would I only get the benefit of Bronze from July to Sept 2020?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
You will keep bronze for the remainder of your membership year and the following year, so until Sep 2021.
Thrifty Scotsman likes this.
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
You would be bronze for the remainder of the current year and all the following year until your card expires in 2021
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Starlight
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, Avis Presidents Club
The status will last through to the end of the next membership year (so Sept 2021). See the link below.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ut-tier-points
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman View Post
Hi

I'm sure someone will be able to answer, or point me in the right direction?

Almost all my BA flights are reward redemptions, so as a result, I have no status, BA Blue with Zero tier points.

However, looks like I'm going to purchase a return flight, which would be earn 430 tier points, & take me to Bronze (Proposed flight are in July 2020), my year ends 8th Sept 2020, so my question is, would I only get the benefit of Bronze from July to Sept 2020?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

You would get Bronze for the remainder of your year ( ie to sep 2020) and all of the following year ( ie Sep 2021).
I assume these flights are on BA as I think you need 2 BA flights for bronze.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Yes it would be GLA-LHR-YYZ-LHR-GLA, First out, Business rtn, I assume that would do it?

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,

You would get Bronze for the remainder of your year ( ie to sep 2020) and all of the following year ( ie Sep 2021).

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,

Regards

TBS
If OP is flying a lot on redemptions it could really be worthwhile them striving for the extra 170 TP for silver.

The free seat selection should save physical cash as well as bag better seats and assuming some of these redemptions are in Y the lounge will be a lovely benefit for 15 months
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Actually your status won’t expire until 31 Oct 2021, your TPs will reset on 8 Sep 2020 and again on 8 Sep 2021. This mens that what you can do, is book a trip between 8 Sep 21 and 31 Oct 21, will have BA Bronze status during the trio and if you meet the qualifying criteria for status you would shave status again until 31 Oct 2023. #LeapFrogStatusHop
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC. Silver.
Originally Posted by kingcole974 View Post
If OP is flying a lot on redemptions it could really be worthwhile them striving for the extra 170 TP for silver.

The free seat selection should save physical cash as well as bag better seats and assuming some of these redemptions are in Y the lounge will be a lovely benefit for 15 months
That is extremely good advice. Thrifty scotsman

Up to 18 months ago, like you all of my BA flights were reward flights and had zero TP.

I then had a change of circumstances and flew a couple of sale flights in CE and reached silver.
Since which I have been flying in economy some paid some reward flights 30 flights so far
Premium check in
Get to pick seats ( inc exit row on european) at time of booking
Lounge access and group 2 boarding

Loving it and still have another 6 monthsof silver left.

There are some good deals on at the moment and if you were to grab a flight or two before sept to get those TP needed for silver, you would not regret it and be hoped like many of us

An economy return from Glasgow to LHR, then LHR to Xxx in CE...could do it easily and get your required BA flights
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by kingcole974 View Post

second this, was about to post the same. The tier point run page might be worth a look at or a simple return from GLA-LHR in traveller for the 10tps and LHR-HEL in club should do the trick. Or KEF or IST etc. Shouldn’t break the bank and seat selection and lounge access will make any redemptions in Y seem an even better bargain on future travels ^
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, would I need to do that, before Sept 2020?

Originally Posted by tynmar View Post
second this, was about to post the same. The tier point run page might be worth a look at or a simple return from GLA-LHR in traveller for the 10tps and LHR-HEL in club should do the trick. Or KEF or IST etc. Shouldn’t break the bank and seat selection and lounge access will make any redemptions in Y seem an even better bargain on future travels ^
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman View Post
Thanks, would I need to do that, before Sept 2020?
yep. Anytime from now really up till then. Extra bonus forgot to mention above, soft landing to bronze if you make silver but don’t earn enough in 2021 travels.
Old Jan 10, 20, 2:04 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Newbie to BA - how come that one’s qualification period is sep to sep? I thought all programs have Jan - Dec for qualification?

this really changes a lot since I have an upcoming flight in 1 week with AY from Germany to BKK which I plan to credit to BA... but I feel like I only have 9 months to qualify for Silver?
Old Jan 10, 20, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Tommys888 View Post
Newbie to BA - how come that one’s qualification period is sep to sep? I thought all programs have Jan - Dec for qualification?

this really changes a lot since I have an upcoming flight in 1 week with AY from Germany to BKK which I plan to credit to BA... but I feel like I only have 9 months to qualify for Silver?
Your collection year depends on the date you joined Executive club.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: