Wiki Posts
Search

BNA First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
BNA First Class

I'm treating the old man to some country music, Elvis stuff and a few days in New Orleans (where the grisly old chap is hoping to see a funeral), followed by a mini road trip to Texas.

In the last sale we secured first seats (both ways, back from IAH) with a car for under £4k. Having just been enlightened to the BA Source (after my question on another thread about Moscow) I see LHR to BNA usually operates a 787-8.

So naturally my concern is that this is swapped from a -9 to -8 and we are downgraded to J. I am trying to figure out the schedule to find if the -9 is becoming a more permanent feature on this route or if I happened to bag a freak day. I'm sure the following had no bearing on this but at this time, Dad and I are the only ones in F. We travel on April 7th.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by kingcole974
and a few days in New Orleans (where the grisly old chap is hoping to see a funeral)
You don’t need to hope that somebody dies in order to witness a second line parade. This link shows the upcoming parades, which are held most weekends except during the summer. Click on a parade to get timing and route.

https://www.wwoz.org/programs/inthestreet
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
In the end of March, BA will move to their summer schedule. That means that many routes will see aircraft/schedule change. As such - do not worry - the aircraft types operating in the winter schedule do not reflect the ones BA plans to use during the summer schedule, which for the most part has already been finalised.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Blumie
You don’t need to hope that somebody dies in order to witness a second line parade. This link shows the upcoming parades, which are held most weekends except during the summer. Click on a parade to get timing and route.

https://www.wwoz.org/programs/inthestreet
Great knowledge - thanks

Originally Posted by gordo6
In the end of March, BA will move to their summer schedule. That means that many routes will see aircraft/schedule change. As such - do not worry - the aircraft types operating in the winter schedule do not reflect the ones BA plans to use during the summer schedule, which for the most part has already been finalised.
That's reassuring
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct BNA goes to a B787-9 with a First cabin for the summer schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.