Search

Late booking / Upgrade options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Late booking / Upgrade options

Hi,

I did a late booking yesterday, flying out to Bermuda next Thursday (from Gatwick) I needed to book it Economy as that is all the Client was willing to pay for (so needed it for the Invoice).

The current upgrade prices are a bit mental, so not going for these, but wanted to know if anyone has had a POUG this close to the flight, or if these have all gone now?

Or if it's just worth waiting and seeing if I can get an AUP?

Cheers
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I have booked on a Tuesday, flown on the Thursday and returned on the Sunday. I got a POUG for the return on the Friday. (LGW-JFK booked in WT).

The Outbound had no availability for POUG (WT+ was full) but they were offering some very attractive WT -> CW AUP pricing that day.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm not sure about late bookings, but on my LGW-ANU flight last March (which I booked months prior), I got a POUG for WT to WTP 2 days before my flight date.
stuvoi likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I have booked on a Tuesday, flown on the Thursday and returned on the Sunday. I got a POUG for the return on the Friday. (LGW-JFK booked in WT).

The Outbound had no availability for POUG (WT+ was full) but they were offering some very attractive WT -> CW AUP pricing that day.
At the moment they have availability out WT+, CW & F, but return no CW or F (I'll keep an eye out for POUG, just in case, thanks)
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stuvoi
Hi,

I did a late booking yesterday, flying out to Bermuda next Thursday (from Gatwick) I needed to book it Economy as that is all the Client was willing to pay for (so needed it for the Invoice).

The current upgrade prices are a bit mental, so not going for these, but wanted to know if anyone has had a POUG this close to the flight, or if these have all gone now?

Or if it's just worth waiting and seeing if I can get an AUP?

Cheers
As you booked yesterday, you will no doubt have the confirmation or invoice to show your client? You could then cancel within 24 hours of booking and book in the cabin you really would prefer to fly in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.