Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Trying to go from FLL to TOK with Avios [TOK = TYO, to avoid confusion...]

Old Jan 8, 20, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,
ExpertFlyer is showing 7 rewards seats available on these flights, they don't show up on BA.com. I even tried just searching for the FLL to DFW leg alone, and it doesn't show up. I called and they said they have no availability. What am I doing wrong? Am I not using ExpertFlyer correctly?

Departure
Old Jan 8, 20, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by gnr5 View Post
Hi all,
ExpertFlyer is showing 7 rewards seats available on these flights, they don't show up on BA.com. I even tried just searching for the FLL to DFW leg alone, and it doesn't show up. I called and they said they have no availability. What am I doing wrong? Am I not using ExpertFlyer correctly?

Departure
Search on aa.com for "MileSAAver" award seats. Search separately for FLL-DFW, and for DFW-TOK. Also search for FLL-TOK. You might me running into a married-segment-availability problem, or a divorced-segment-availability problem.

Report back to let us know what you find on aa.com.
Old Jan 8, 20, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Fair enough, there wasn't any MileSAAVer available on AA.com, however on AA.com they do have SFO to TOK available, I searched for those flights on BA.com and they are not available. Is this when I should be calling?
Old Jan 8, 20, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by gnr5 View Post
Fair enough, there wasn't any MileSAAVer available on AA.com, however on AA.com they do have SFO to TOK available, I searched for those flights on BA.com and they are not available. Is this when I should be calling?
What routing from SFO to TOK? If the individual segments have MileSAAver availability on aa.com, you should at least be able to book the individual segments with Avios. But if only SFO-XXX-TOK is available as a MileSAAver at aa.com, but the individual segments are not, then you are dealing with a married-segment issue, and BA might have trouble booking that itinerary as an Avios redemption.
Old Jan 8, 20, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
What routing from SFO to TOK? If the individual segments have MileSAAver availability on aa.com, you should at least be able to book the individual segments with Avios. But if only SFO-XXX-TOK is available as a MileSAAver at aa.com, but the individual segments are not, then you are dealing with a married-segment issue, and BA might have trouble booking that itinerary as an Avios redemption.
Its a non-stop from SFO to TOK.
Old Jan 8, 20, 4:15 pm

TYO ...
LiHS, nancypants and Hawker_Hunter like this.
Old Jan 8, 20, 5:22 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
BA shows availability on that outbound JL SFO-NRT when married with LAX-SFO, but not as a single sector as AA does. I would call BA as I think it must be available.
Old Jan 8, 20, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist View Post
TYO ...
You're correct, my bad!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: