Search

BA damaged baggage after leaving airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
BA damaged baggage after leaving airport

Hi all,

recently flew MAN-LHR-SIN-SYD, with hold baggage, on arriving home I discovered my hard shell case was cracked and beyond repair. As I didn’t report this at the baggage claim do I have a leg to stand on. `BA’s website tells me I must report within 7 days but only gives me a mail address in the uk, as I’m based in Australia any letter would not arrive in time to be lodged as I flew last Sat. Any ideas?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by sualg
Hi all,

recently flew MAN-LHR-SIN-SYD, with hold baggage, on arriving home I discovered my hard shell case was cracked and beyond repair. As I didn’t report this at the baggage claim do I have a leg to stand on. `BA’s website tells me I must report within 7 days but only gives me a mail address in the uk, as I’m based in Australia any letter would not arrive in time to be lodged as I flew last Sat. Any ideas?
It's entirely acceptable to report baggage damage shortly after arriving, you are not obliged to do it at the airport. Just call them, use the webform on the website or any other mean of communication. Even letter would surely be fine given the date of posting but why go for that slowest of modes when you can just go on the website and fill in all the details they need?
adrianlondon and Often1 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:09 am
WLX

Originally Posted by sualg
as I’m based in Australia any letter would not arrive in time to be lodged as I flew last Sat. Any ideas?
Use a web form to save time, but in any case the airline has to look at when you sent the communication, not when they received it.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:05 am

You have 7 days to report it not longer...
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
It's entirely acceptable to report baggage damage shortly after arriving, you are not obliged to do it at the airport. Just call them, use the webform on the website or any other mean of communication. Even letter would surely be fine given the date of posting but why go for that slowest of modes when you can just go on the website and fill in all the details they need?
Thanks for your reply however I can’t find the webform on the website
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Try this direct link, https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...nts-and-claims
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
My suitcase came out damaged and I only noticed once I got home and called BA straight away. K2 Global called me the next day to start sorting it out.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
You've got 7 days to report it to BA.
Often1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.