BA Twitter fails (#TeamAngela)

Old Jan 7, 20, 11:15 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn View Post
It upset Rob a Gold Card Holder that also got a reply from #TeamAngela . As others pointed out he is an employer so almost double standards on his part.

The fact that Sharon started her post with FFS meant that she already lost my sympathy and #TeamAngela is now trending on Twitter in the UK and a lot of people definitely in sympathy for Angela. Still Sharon is now flying KLM .
Iím not on twitter but I just put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, care to screenshot for scientific purposes?
Old Jan 8, 20, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Plastic. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
Iím not on twitter but I just put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, care to screenshot for scientific purposes?
In all fairness, Rob deleted his defence of Shaz, and said he was an eejit, so Iíll not link a screenshot.
wrp96 and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 8, 20, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle View Post
Iím sure there must be some other gems from BA out there!
Funnier and less controversial:
Old Jan 8, 20, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss View Post
especially as all new UK passports require a signature on receipt.
Funnily enough this happened to my wifes brother in December, new passport, hadn't signed it and Check in agent spotted it. Maybe we need the US style 'please Che k your passport is signed announcements'.....

As for the Tweet its bang on, Sharon should pay more attention, lol
Old Jan 8, 20, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Amb
Yeah I'm with Angela. Though this Twitter thread has prompted me to sign my own newly issued first Irish passport...
Old Jan 8, 20, 3:25 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Originally Posted by tuonopepper View Post
Funnily enough this happened to my wifes brother in December, new passport, hadn't signed it and Check in agent spotted it. Maybe we need the US style 'please Che k your passport is signed announcements'.....
In Hong Kong Apple Stores, staff have to routinely tell tourists from the Mainland to sign their Unionpay cards before signing their card receipts. Because in the Mainland most Unionpay-local transaction are PIN. Some even take half a minute to understand why they need to sign the back (what is it for).

Took two weeks for my wife to understand she's meant to sign her British Nationality (Overseas) Passport. BNOs are different from full British Citizen passports in that the signature block is printed over "SEE PAGE ABOVE", the Observations page having a statement that the holder is entitled to Hong Kong Right of Abode (since they're not entitled to UK ROA) and a signature block.

German passport control fines the airlines for passport not signed 'Must sign passport' alert in MMB ?

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 8, 20 at 8:17 am
Old Jan 8, 20, 3:39 am

Good for Angela. I really am not a fan of simpering, subservient customer service even if I am in the right. 99 times out of 100 whatever problem you are having isn't the fault of the front-line staff anyway. As long as the person I am dealing with is not rude (I don't think this was rude, blunt perhaps but YMMV) and is trying their best to help then I am quite happy.

It's one of the reasons why I like BA actually, ground staff and cabin crew have their own personalities and it's nice to see them shine through the service rather than the functional but sometimes cold and robotic standards expected of staff by some other carriers. You can normally have a bit of a laugh or joke with BA staff, but always in a positive and professional manner.

Although I did think that it might have been the last day of Angela's notice period before she moved on and she felt like giving a bit back!
trooper and MachTwoPointO like this.
Old Jan 8, 20, 3:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Bluntness is sometimes needed to make people realise they have to take responsibility for their own actions
I'm with Angela here and I'd consider myself well deserving of that comment if I ever committed the act committed by the Twitter poster.

Not that I'd ever advertised my unintelligent omission (e.g. failure to sign my passport) by posting about it on Twitter, ever
Dan72 and ttama like this.
Old Jan 8, 20, 3:44 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Having a look on twitter, it is horrendously DYKWIA territory, but the response was not appropriate, but the pile on from other blue ticks shows up the privilege that some people live in because they have more than 10 followers on social media.

And it was all caused by her feeling the need to tweet it out so her friends can pat her back and jump all over some poor soul in social media at BA.

TBH, my 13 year old had this a couple of weeks ago with a new passport, the first she has had to sign (my fault for not picking up in advance).

Whereas this grown adult is upset because she wanted a spare sheet of paper and 5 minutes to 'practice' her signature and as a result "with the weight of tutting behind me, I scribbled any old shite in my passport. So now for the next 9.75 years I have a sig that looks nothing like mine in my passport".

Well if she has to practice everytime she signs, then she obviously doesn't have a signature - she may as well use the one in her passport. She can practice that in her free time...

Meanwhile I told my 13 year old before she signed to 'remember it's what you're stuck with for 5 years' - took 2 seconds then she scribbled something i'll make her practice. Took a grand total of 20 seconds, politely dealt with by BA, and didn't feel the need to put it on twitter.

What's happening to personal responsibility in this day and age? Next time i'm peeved off because I did something wrong, remind me to blame someone else, double down, then try and get them sacked.
trooper, wrp96, nancypants and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 20, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
"I'm with Angela". "We are all Angelas now". etc. etc.

Then I had to check. Yes, my Jersey one has my signature [rather neater than usual] scanned and printed on the plastic details page. A timely reminder to ensure I get it right on my new post-Brexit one in 2021, which will undoubtedly be a different design.
Old Jan 8, 20, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by percysmith View Post
Took two weeks for my wife to understand she's meant to sign her British Nationality (Overseas) Passport. BNOs are different from full British Citizen passports in that the signature block is printed over "SEE PAGE ABOVE", the Observations page having a statement that the holder is entitled to Hong Kong Right of Abode (since they're not entitled to UK ROA) and a signature block.
the current edition British citizen ones are like this as well (unless itís just mine or Iím misunderstanding you)- although thereís nothing printed on it to indicate not valid if unsigned. I canít remember if it came with a leaflet saying ďsign itĒ, there was a space for me to sign opposite the photo page so I did

(terrible photo quality but ďsee page aboveĒ is in response to the title ďholderís signatureĒ
Old Jan 8, 20, 3:58 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
the current edition British citizen ones are like this as well (unless it’s just mine or I’m misunderstanding you)- although there’s nothing printed on it to indicate not valid if unsigned. I can’t remember if it came with a leaflet saying “sign it”, there was a space for me to sign opposite the photo page so I did
I haven't seen the current British Citizen - is this post-March 2019?

Your pic is exactly like my wife's BNO info page.

I certified true copy a British Citizen passport from two years ago - pre-printed signature and no signature block on Observation page.
Old Jan 8, 20, 4:00 am

I certified true copy a British Citizen passport from two years ago - pre-printed signature and no signature block on Observation page.
Yes it was issued in March 2019 and replaced my previous one which was only issued around 2016 but had run out of space! So itís a recent change

mine still has EU on the front though so on reflection itís probably not the current edition now
Old Jan 8, 20, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica View Post
At any rate, I see Sharon has chosen to move her business KLM now.
LOL the response she got from Angela is exactly the kind of response she would get from someone working for a Dutch company.
Old Jan 8, 20, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
the current edition British citizen ones are like this as well (unless it’s just mine or I’m misunderstanding you)- although there’s nothing printed on it to indicate not valid if unsigned. I can’t remember if it came with a leaflet saying “sign it”, there was a space for me to sign opposite the photo page so I did

(terrible photo quality but “see page above” is in response to the title “holder’s signature”

This is exactly the same as mine, (issued Dec 2018) and it did come with a reminder to sign it (cannot remember what format the reminder was). I have attached a clearer image for clarity.

Search this Thread